• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Official Tank Issues Thread

Sichartshofen

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
This is not about suggesting tanks or bad mouthing the devs. Post any issues you've had with the tanks and anti-tank weapons in RO:O.

To start off I'll mention what worked in the beta version of the game and now what is missing in the full game.

Beta Version ( not the UT2004 mod)

- Ammo storage hitbox worked
- Engine hitbox worked
- Panzerfaust had an impact sound and effect.

Full Game

- Ammo storage hitbox no longer works with tank cannons or the Panzerfaust.

- The PTRD is the only weapon that can destroy German tanks with 1 shot to the ammo.

- Engines on tanks can no longer be disabled.

- Only engines on the half track and armored car can be disabled with gun fire and He rounds.

- There is no Panzerfaust impact sound or effect. The round simply disappears into the tank.

- Grenades can kill the crew of a tank if thrown underneath it. Belly plate exploit.

- Grenades kill men inside armored vehicles when they explode outside of them.

- SU-76 gun plate deflects 75mm, 88mm and panzerfaust rounds.

- 88mm rounds bounce off T34's, even at extremely close range.

- T60 20mm cannon is over powered. Even battlefield.ru says it's useless
against German tanks. It would only be able to penetrate the side armor of the Panzer III and rear and side of the Panzer IV F1 and StuGIII at 50 meters.

- All tanks require 2 shots to destroy no matter where you aim, this is the norm of tank combat. There are rare times when someone gets a 1 hit kill on a undamaged tank.

- Deflection is ridiculously over done.

I've tested every tank with Wilsonams data sheets. They don't work.

Last edited:
Sichartshofen said:
This is not about suggesting tanks or bad mouthing the devs. Post any issues you've had with the tanks and anti-tank weapons in RO:O.

To start off I'll mention what worked in the beta version of the game and now what is missing in the full game.

Beta Version ( not the UT2004 mod)

- Ammo storage hitbox worked
- Engine hitbox worked
- Panzerfaust had an impact sound and effect.

Full Game

- Ammo storage hitbox no longer works with tank cannons or the Panzerfaust.

- The PTRD is the only weapon that can destroy German tanks with 1 shot to the ammo.

- Engines on tanks can no longer be disabled.

- Only engines on the half track and armored car can be disabled with gun fire and He rounds.

- There is no Panzerfaust impact sound or effect. The round simply disappears into the tank.

- Grenades can kill the crew of a tank if thrown underneath it. Belly plate exploit.

- Grenades kill men inside armored vehicles when they explode outside of them.

- SU-76 gun plate deflects 75mm, 88mm and panzerfaust rounds.

- 88mm rounds bounce off T34's, even at extremely close range.

- T60 20mm cannon is over powered. Even battlefield.ru says it's useless
against German tanks. It would only be able to penetrate the side armor of the Panzer III and rear and side of the Panzer IV F1 and StuGIII at 50 meters.

- All tanks require 2 shots to destroy no matter where you aim, this is the norm of tank combat. There are rare times when someone gets a 1 hit kill on a undamaged tank.

I've tested every tank with Wilsonams data sheets. They don't work.
As usual we forgot to mention the 122mm cannon of the IS2 and it's lack of power like every other heavy tank.

Upvote 0
Last night there were 3 of us in russ tanks, and 1 guy in a tiger. I planted 2 rounds on the turret and 1 on the treads before he ever saw me. In fact, he pulled rite in front of me w/o knowing I was there. I was a bout 10 feet away on his 3 o'clock and let one more round go into the turrete compartment, he simply turned and blew me away w/ one shot.
I figured it was just a testament to the strength of the tiger, respawned and headed back to the scene of the crime. By this time, there were 2 more 34's scoring direct hits on the same tiger ( was very close to our spawn). I saw at least 4 more solid hits on the tiger before he dispatched of one other 34 and then my own.....again. I left in disgust before I could see the fate of the remaing 34.
I love this game, but it was absolutely rediculous how survivable this tiger was. I had killed plenty of them before this particular incident.
Just my 2 cents, most of the time I dont notice anything out of the ordinary, but this was just too much.

Still the best WW2 fps I've ever played...

Cheers!

Upvote 0
Sichartshofen said:
Lack of power? Yeah right!

Please don't tell me the 88mm of the tiger is underpowered because some of it's shots get deflected when fighting t-34's and IS-2 at < 300 meters shooting at the front of a Stug and it bouncing of numerous times over is normal. Please quit the biases and be considerate here of both sides heavy tanks. Their cannons all seem to be underpowered.

Upvote 0
DarkWarrior said:
Can you post a picture of a disabled track? I never saw this in the game :eek:

Externally you don't see anything. If you are in the tank it will turn red and you are stuck. In a Stug its death. I've had engines turn red and then drive off???

There is a another bug. Its rare, but I have seen a silouette of a tanks engine through the armor. I aimed for that and got a kill on a T-34. After first bouncing the shell off of the rear at less then 30 meters. I was then able to put a round through the wheels on the right hand side.

Upvote 0
I have seen many instances of 1-hit tank kills. Sometimes they were done to me, other times I have done it. I have been tread disabled many times.

However, I do recall a curious event just a few days ago:

I was in Ogledow map, in a Panzer IV by myself - near the farm. A T-34 in Ogledow hit my front side, putting me in the red. I quickly retreated to cover until one of my teammates could take it out.

So here I am, in a Pz IV that's all red. I advance out of cover and over the course of 2-3 minutes take out a T-34 on the hill (flank shot), a T-34 behind a wall (frontal shot) and a T-34 in the village (frontal shot) - all 1-hit kills.

Which made me wonder - maybe there's a bug wherein your gun becomes "super" capable once your tank is red?

This needs to be explored by other people.

Upvote 0