• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Now I feel bad :(

Who's the real monster here... Sometimes im just not sure man...

249b6e9431.jpg

I would argue that you're not really learning to play unless the crosshair is disabled, but that's just me. ;)

Well I would argue that intentionally gimping yourself for zero benefit doesn't make you any better at the game. I have it on because I wan't it on. My aim is fine with or without and having it off doesn't make you any better at aiming. Like I said, it's an intentional gimp for no purpose other than having that little self imposed challenge.

Learning to play would entail proper positioning, learning how to combat each zed unit, and how to cooperate with team mates. I already have the whole aiming thing down, i can guarantee that no one is better at aiming than i am solely because they don't have crosshairs enabled. That just makes zero sense.

So feel free to argue your "only learning with no crosshairs" point. Im interested to see the reasoning behind it.

Upvote 0
I would argue that you're not really learning to play unless the crosshair is disabled, but that's just me. ;)

Well I would argue that intentionally gimping yourself for zero benefit doesn't make you any better at the game. I have it on because I wan't it on. My aim is fine with or without and having it off doesn't make you any better at aiming. Like I said, it's an intentional gimp for no purpose other than having that little self imposed challenge.

Learning to play would entail proper positioning, learning how to combat each zed unit, and how to cooperate with team mates. I already have the whole aiming thing down, i can guarantee that no one is better at aiming than i am solely because they don't have crosshairs enabled. That just makes zero sense.

So feel free to argue your "only learning with no crosshairs" point. Im interested to see the reasoning behind it.

Upvote 0
Well I would argue that intentionally gimping yourself for zero benefit doesn't make you any better at the game.

The benefit would would be fun. And no it doesn't make you any better at the game, only better at the game without CH. Although, you learn to rely on your muscle memory instead of processing what your eyes see earilier when you play without CH.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Crying over his dead sibling's body?

Hardly.

I like to think Zeds are like fishes. They coexist just fine while they're all alive, but as soon as one kicks the bucket the rest see it as a fresh meal. ;)

(Saves the patriarch on actually having to feed the sorry things)

Speaking of which, I was hoping it would be a gameplay feature that cysts would eat fallen zeds (or dead players) and evolve into Clots, and so on from Clots to Slashers, to punish you for ignoring the lowest threat enemies for too long. Sadly, (as of now at least) that isn't how it works.

Upvote 0
With the way that crosshair looks I don't see that as any particular advantage. It's not a pinpoint. Unless you have perspective issues it's obvious where the barrel is pointing in regard to the crosshair so I don't think it adds much to accuracy.

That said, I'd have preferred they just ditched the crosshair but it isn't that big of a deal really. It's off by default and I never turned it on because I don't like having to look at it. Much rather have a natural view.

Now mind you, if that crosshair was a pinpoint like the sights on a bullpup then I'd have an issue with that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
With the way that crosshair looks I don't see that as any particular advantage. It's not a pinpoint. Unless you have perspective issues it's obvious where the barrel is pointing in regard to the crosshair so I don't think it adds much to accuracy..
Well as I had stated, i don't need it. It doesnt add any notable advantage but I've been playing shooters since i was a kid, so It's just something ive gotten used to.

Upvote 0