• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Novint Falcon Support

Even if you say it's the size of a mouse pad, which it is clearly larger than a standard mouse pad, it looks straight up geeky. Don't get me wrong, it's cool and all that you have such passion for your whatever it is, but at the end of it's still a white elephant. I'd say find a way to down-size that piece of hardware then you might have many more people interested in it.

User Review
YouTube - Novint Falcon Review

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Even if you say it's the size of a mouse pad, which it is clearly larger than a standard mouse pad, it looks straight up geeky. Don't get me wrong, it's cool and all that you have such passion for your whatever it is, but at the end of it's still a white elephant. I'd say find a way to down-size that piece of hardware then you might have many more people interested in it.

User Review
YouTube - Novint Falcon Review

Well, interest isn't really an issue at this point, as there is already plenty of that, and the majority of Falcon users/future users don't have an issue with the look or size of it. I also think you may have misunderstood what I meant, as I stated it has the footprint of a standard mouse pad, which means that the area of the desk that the base takes up is in accordance to a standard mouse pad. However, we are looking into decreasing it's size for those that want it to be smaller (Won't happen until a new revision though). I also think if you try it, you'll see that it's very sturdy, and the size of it is a large reason for that.

I don't want to sidetrack the thread though. If you want, we can make a new thread in an appropriate forum to discuss this, or you can PM me. Just came here to try and get support for Heroes of Stalingrad, so would like to keep a focus on that =)

Upvote 0
There couldnt have been a worse person to do a review than that guy in the video posted above.. but what I gathered from watching him play was this thing looks like a pretty awesome piece of kit. I don't give a f*ck if anyone thinks it looks geeky.. anything to increase the complexity and immersion of gaming is a big plus to me. I particularly liked how he was able to 'feel' the textures of objects.

We've been stuck on the mouse and keyboard combo for years. New input devices that offer feedback, more flexibility in control, and a large number of inputs (buttons) would help free limitations in game design and allow for more creative products going forward.

Last edited:
Reactions: johntnovint
Upvote 0
There couldnt have been a worse person to do a review than that guy in the video posted above.. but what I gathered from watching him play was this thing looks like a pretty awesome piece of kit. I don't give a f*ck if anyone thinks it looks geeky.. anything to increase the complexity and immersion of gaming is a big plus to me. I particularly liked how he was able to 'feel' the textures of objects.

We've been stuck on the mouse and keyboard combo for years. New input devices that offer feedback, more flexibility in control, and a large number of inputs (buttons) would help free limitations in game design and allow for more creative products going forward.

I couldn't agree more REZ, which is why I'm so devoted to continue developing as much support for the Falcon as possible. Hopefully it will lead to developers developing titles with the Falcon in mind, such as feeling a different sensation as you step on a puddle, rock, cement, etc., feel the texture of a keypad as you punch in a door code, open a door by grabbing it and pulling it (literally), and zooming in and out with a weapon simply by pulling the Falcon's arms in and out. Those are just some examples, but the potential is absolutely there.

Even with the support that is possible with the F-Gen drivers and working with developers on existing games, I still think it's an extremely compelling device, and adds to both the realism and fun factor of the games it's implemented in =)

Heroes of Stalingrad is an ideal candidate for the Falcon, and I really hope to get into talks with Tripwire soon to get some really awesome, high level support for the Falcon implemented.

Upvote 0