• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Not unlocking the "Dwarfs?!" Axe.

Did you check the Trader's shop to see if it's purchasable? Because you don't actually pull it from the rock, as it's only for show.

Here's a quote from StuntLionRooster.

I see how this might be confusing so here you go:

If you own dwarfs you get a little DLC flag on your account that unlocks the Axe for you. No achievement is needed. Thank you for owning Dwarfs!

If you get the Not a war hammer achievement in Dwarfs Free to Play the next time you get into a KF server of play solo you'll get the Gimli that Axe achievement, unlocking the Axe for you. Thank you for playing Dwarfs Free to Play!

If you own the full version of Dwarfs and unlock Not a war hammer it doesn't give you Gimli that Axe because you don't need it to unlock the Axe. You already unlocked it thanks to owning Dwarfs. If you're a completionist and want the achievement in KF simply get the achievement in Dwarfs Free to Play. Free to play and the full version have their own achievements.

Hope that clears things up.

Upvote 0
I have the retail version of Dwarfs! I was able to purchase the Dwarf Axe within KF no problem.

I played Dwarfs! earlier today and got the 40K achievement. However I still do have the KF achieve for this, NOR can I pull the axe out of the stone (suicidal map).

So there is a problem.

You're not supposed to be able to pull the axe out of the stone. It's just a neat little thing for show.

Upvote 0
If the axe is only unlockable while the event the message will disappear after the event. If not it might disappear after the event anyway. And if that won't happen it will just show for everybody to let them know that they still can get the axe even after the event.
If you're able to buy the axe at the trader and get the achievement everything is alright then.

Upvote 0
Hopefully the axe will be available after the event (or not available to anyone) because it doesn't seem fair to have it only obtainable once per year. Same for the achievement s related to the axe.

I can't stand that dwarfs game, and getting 40k gold in it must take absolutely ages based on what I've played and it just isn't worth it; much as I like killing floor.... I don't like enough to sit through hours of tedium playing dwarfs.

Upvote 0
It must take way more than 7 minutes. 7 Hours maybe. You get such a piffling amount per game that it would take hundreds of games to amass 40k.

No tacker on the achievement doesn't help either.

From "never played the game" it took me about an hour including going through the tutorial to get my 40k. After learning how to play. I can rake in 20k gold per 5min match atm.

Upvote 0