• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mac No servers show up in my multiplayer menu? (killing floor)

I also have a similiar issue and I play on Windows 7. (I'm not trying to steal this thread, I'm just trying to give an example of a similiar issue) I've been having it for over a year now. No recommended solutions have worked, nor has changing some things on my firewall. I get no servers in-game and I cannot join servers when they occasionally do pop up.

I managed to get past it though by joining a game through my friends list or by using the server list that's built into Steam, so you might be able to use one of those two things to play until you find an answer to this.

Upvote 0
I had this issue and finally managed to fix it. Follow these instructions: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=38891

but replace "C:\Program Files\Steam" with "/Applications/Steam.app/Contents/MacOS/osx32"

So, if config doesn't exist in that folder make a config folder, put the serverlist files there, lock them (cmd+i when they're selected)
To browse inside Steam.app, right click and click show package contents.

Upvote 0
Same thing here. I've done EVERYTHING that's been recommended in this and Steam forums: port forward, the masterservers file, deleting the blob and such... etc, etc etc... There's not a single fix I have not tried, honestly.
The game ran PERFECTLY until a couple of days ago, I don't know if there was a Steam update or what, it suddenly became screwed...
If this was actually caused by a Steam Update, it would be great to hear something from the guys at Tripwire, so I least I can stop pulling my brains out and wait for it to get fixed...

Upvote 0
Hi guys. just recently got contacted by a mac user, he had the same problem. but he could connect through using the steam servers management.

rszgrsg.jpg

researching bit further into this I talked with 2 friends having the same problem. they couldn't join server through the killing floor server mengagement thingy, when the summer event started or when the summer event ended. 1 of them atleast fixed this just by reinstalling the game after the start of the summer event and in beginning of the summer event. but since I don't have a mac myself I can't seem to see further what is causing this problem.

anyways try reinstalling now since the summer event is over. (you will also spare a 400MB space on your hardisk :D)

If you have anything you would like to add to my "research" or need some extra help. please contact me on steam or skype :) (nickname: andysowhat)

and the forums is just for chitchat and helping eachother out and suggest stuff. its not like you could demand a fix from anyone cuz im not getting paid for this xD

Last edited:
Upvote 0