• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

No one playing Countdown and Classic modes

CD is definitely fun to play once in a while, but I can't play CD for 3 hours straight like I can other gamemodes. It's mostly that eventually the time you spend afk ends up being 1-1.5 hours and its not too much fun. I do wish more servers would include CD maps on their map voting though, I think that's the way to bring it back, it will sometimes get voted in.

Upvote 0
Yes it is sad that these gamemodes are not so popular but the majority wants what it wants.
Lady Gaga sells millions of albums but I still find her crap.
It is not better or worse, more a matter of preference but for me RO also dies with the Classic mode.

that being said, try the 40-1 Classic server. We still get a decent population on the weekends and after working hours in EU. Best server anyway. Tactical teamplay and no idiots around (or immediately banned)

Upvote 0
@r5cya

Well I can play a couple rounds of Realism but it bores me quickly and the enemy weapon madness and "broodmother" SL annoys me so much that I will become an occasional "casual" player rather than a regular.

Maybe Rising Storm will save the day. What I do not get is that even though Classic is far from perfect it seems to fade away while DH mod in RO Ost still seems to have some populated servers. I never wanted a remake of RO Ost with new graphics but I wish TWI had taken more things from DH as it was so successful.

Upvote 0
The game is not interesting without Classic mode in my opinion. Unless Sarki's idea of Realism Mode existed. I do understand that many people don't play Classic Mode: it does not feel as polished as realism mode, and it got many weak points, and many features are just copied and pasted from Ostfront instead of improved. What's most off putting though is the maps. They're ridiculously streamlined so personally I only play Custom maps. In Classic Mode. So there isn't much opportunities to play and I really don't feel encouraged to anyway.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We love classic mode. We love custom maps.

When we run our server Classic mode with majority custom maps, getting it populated is a real issue.

Realism mode with the played to death stock maps interspersed with the custom maps increases our player count no end. Granted its the holidays here and most of our clan members have not been online in weeks to help get the ball rolling on games.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Why even care to develop Classic mode instead of fixing mistakes of Realistic.

As I can see, 0 classic and 0 countdown servers are inhabited.
That's sad.
These two are only good and worthy things in this game.

That's your opinion... if they were that worthy more than everything else, you'd think more people would play them.

What's funny is how you say why even bother to develop Classic Mode, even though you also say it's the only good and worthy thing in the game.

You said that instead, Realism should have its "Mistakes" fixed, yet again, Classic and Countdown are the only two good/worthy things in the game.... so why not work on those two instead??

No no.... none of this makes any sense, everything's all screwed up.... you're messing with meh head with all these inconsistencies. *throws arms up in the air and walks away*

:cool:

RO players are all Scotsmen.

I'm half Scot & half Irish Canadian living in Australia.... does that count? :p

I think there's some Mi'kMaq Native American in there somewhere too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Copied from what I posted in Sarkis's suggestion thread:

Classic, while not being the mode that RO2 needed or the mode the community asked for (see this poll), is not doing what it is supposed to do. If we are going to have a mode that mimics the classical fps gameplay, it should go all the way and lower its claim for realism, by removing zoom completely (or minimal zoom) (and slightly up smg recoil to compensate). Ie, how almost all fps have done it in the past. Then you truly have a mode that will play like fps's from the days of yore (RO, The Third Reich, ...)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Classic, while not being the mode that RO2 needed or the mode the community asked for (see this poll), is not doing what it is supposed to do. If we are going to have a mode that mimics the classical fps gameplay, it should go all the way and lower its claim for realism, by removing zoom completely (and slightly up smg recoil to compensate). Ie, how almost all fps have done it in the past. Then you truly have a mode that will play like fps's in the days of yore (RO, The Third Reich, ...)

+1, Amen, Agreed :D
Reducing a lot zoom would be enough imho,

Upvote 0

Classic, while not being the mode that RO2 needed or the mode the community asked for (see this poll), is not doing what it is supposed to do. If we are going to have a mode that mimics the classical fps gameplay, it should go all the way and lower its claim for realism, by removing zoom completely (or minimal zoom) (and slightly up smg recoil to compensate). Ie, how almost all fps have done it in the past. Then you truly have a mode that will play like fps's in the days of yore (RO, The Third Reich, ...)
Truth !!!!
I still wonder why TWI not gave us a truly classic mode.

Upvote 0