• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

No more updates for KF?

Tripwire isn't a very big company so they are probably mostly working on RO2 or possibly another project(s).

They still care about KF but I think they just don't have any ideas for it or something, they just update it for seasonal events and add a map for every seasonal event.

Maybe they'll make a KF 2 with better maximum graphics and a better game engine/upgraded game engine (they could use the new Unreal engine.)

Upvote 0
It's economics. Killing Floor is a $20-at-most game that they've already completed and is in a "Stable" state.

RO2 is a $50 game that just released and needs immediate attention to fix a ton of bugs and lag issues.

So they're gonna drop KF like the red-headed-stepchild while they fix their bigger moneymaker. Sure, they'll probably have some "Events" where they have reskinned enemies and a few achievements you can complete to unlock skins...

But, at least for a LONG time, the good old days with our free content updates and constant dev attention are over. I'm glad I played it in it's hayday, because it makes me kinda sad to see KF in the stagnant state it is right now.

Upvote 0