• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

No interest in a Modern Infantry Combat mod?

...but because of the bad weapon animations, lack of ragdoll, and other things.

Unless the "other things" are more substantial, those are a couple of rather superficial issues there.

If you still have the game give it a second chance, I would say its #1 problem isn't within the game itself but simply that you must really work to find good PvP matches by joining a clan/unit/whatever or entering in an organized tournament type of thing.

Upvote 0
Unless the "other things" are more substantial, those are a couple of rather superficial issues there.

If you still have the game give it a second chance, I would say its #1 problem isn't within the game itself but simply that you must really work to find good PvP matches by joining a clan/unit/whatever or entering in an organized tournament type of thing.

For me it totally ruins the immersion of the game as it's supposed to be realistic. The guns seem to lack any real "oomph" The vehicles are great though.

Upvote 0
The war I want to see is the Korean War. Hell, half the guns for the Chinese are already in game.

You mean modern Korean war? Or traditional Korean war?

Modern korean war3 the Chinese have drastically upgraded Thier weapons since then.

Traditional: the Chinese fighting were volunteers and not the official army and mainly use captured German and Japanese weapons and only afew russian ww2 weapons actually found itself in the war.

Upvote 0
ArmA 2's infantry combat is severely lacking in my opinion, even compared to an older game like RO1. Not because of the realism, but because of the bad weapon animations, lack of ragdoll, and other things. The feel of it is really off.

As for OP's question, I would certainly play a modern combat mod if it were well made. Chances are we'll see one eventually.

Most certainly seconded.

Upvote 0
To allay your fears there is significant interest in a modern combat mod, we, the Modern Combat Operations team, are developing a mod to cover the eras between 1990 to 2020 (Fictional and Non). We'll be making a formal announcement after we've investigated the SDK and have reached our first alpha build.

To give you some assurances the project is being developed by a small team of artists, designers and so on who have recently graduated from games specific courses at University. In addition we have a historian to ensure that the small details are not missed :) We also have access current and ex serving personal in the British Army to act as consultants to ensure authenticity.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
To allay your fears there is significant interest in a modern combat mod, we, the Modern Combat Operations team, are developing a mod to cover the eras between 1990 to 2020 (Fictional and Non). We'll be making a formal announcement after we've investigated the SDK and have reached our first alpha build.

To give you some assurances the project is being developed by a small team of artists, designers and so on who have recently graduated from games specific courses at University. In addition we have a historian to ensure that the small details are not missed :) We also have access current and ex serving personal in the British Army to act as consultants to ensure authenticity.

can't wait!

Upvote 0
The Project Reality mod for BF2 is probably what you are looking for. :)

i was going to say if you have engine reservations try the upcoming PR mod for Arma 2 but ppl have issues with that too.

not me though, i'm looking forward to playing it although regarding this thread i would ike to see a CQB mod and HoS would be as good an engine as any for that -
having said that though i would like to see some existing mods get established first because i think the general success rate of mods strongly points to larger teams and fewer projects in development being the best way to go.

Upvote 0
I would really enjoy a modern combat mod with a similar gameplay to that of RO games.

BF2, BF BC2, BF3, ARMA 1 and 2, PR, Dragon Rising... none of them offer the feeling of immersion, the teamplay and gameplay RO does.

Arma 2 may be the closest in relation to teamplay (I only play coop), but as they said before, the lack of ragdoll + lag and desyncronization problems (enemies not dying) + performance + clumsy movement and lack of flow make me wish I had RO2 now...

Upvote 0
I would really enjoy a modern combat mod with a similar gameplay to that of RO games.

BF2, BF BC2, BF3, ARMA 1 and 2, PR, Dragon Rising... none of them offer the feeling of immersion, the teamplay and gameplay RO does.

Arma 2 may be the closest in relation to teamplay (I only play coop), but as they said before, the lack of ragdoll + lag and desyncronization problems (enemies not dying) + performance + clumsy movement and lack of flow make me wish I had RO2 now...
PR has way more teamplay than RO.

Upvote 0