• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code No dosh

rickyhorror

Grizzled Veteran
May 25, 2010
I'm putting together a mutator that makes it so you don't have or earn money.
But I've come across bumps. I'm not too good at coding to be honest, but I try.

The first thing I tried was:
Code:
function Mutate(string MutateString, PlayerController Sender)
{
    if (Caps(MutateString) == "HYPER")
        Sender.Pawn.Score = 0;

Super.Mutate(MutateString, Sender);
}
But no go.

Also though:

Code:
function Timer()
{
    local KFHumanPawn Player;

foreach DynamicActors(class 'KFHumanPawn', Player)
    {
        if (Player.Score <= 1) Player.Score -= 1;
        else Player.Score = 0;
    }
}
Or:
Code:
function Timer()
{
    local KFHumanPawn Player;

foreach DynamicActors(class 'KFHumanPawn', Player)
    {
        if (Player.PlayerReplicationInfo <= 1) Player.PlayerReplicationInfo -= 1;
        else Player.PlayerReplicationInfo = 0;
    }
}
Might work, but not too sure about that.

I was thinking about using
Code:
function ModifyPlayer(Pawn Other)
but I'm not too sure how to initiate PlayerReplicationInfo into that.

Any tips or help would be useful

to be honest an easier way to do this would just add a KFSlevelRules to your level( along with the normal KFlevelrules) inside the KFSLevelRules is an option to turn off the cash portion of the hud.. after thats done all you need to do now is make sure you don't have any traders lol..

granted the only problem with this is that players will still be able to toss out money and pick it up.. it just won't show on your hud...

edit:
KFSLevelRules is found via
Code:
Actor->Info->levelRules->KFSLevelRules

Last edited:
Upvote 0
to be honest an easier way to do this would just add a KFSlevelRules to your level( along with the normal KFlevelrules) inside the KFSLevelRules is an option to turn off the cash portion of the hud.. after thats done all you need to do now is make sure you don't have any traders lol..

granted the only problem with this is that players will still be able to toss out money and pick it up.. it just won't show on your hud...

edit:
KFSLevelRules is found via
Code:
Actor->Info->levelRules->KFSLevelRules

True. But couldn't I do that and keep the timer to make sure money isn't earned either? Remove the ability to earn money, remove it from the HUD, and remove the traders (but keep trader trader time).

Upvote 0