• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Nice discussion under BF3 news

It is a type of image file. Make the list of features on a image file, and upload it to a free photo hosting website. Post in RO2 VS BF3 threads. Profit???

Ahh, okay, I didnt see you meant to make an image file with a list in it.

But I dont understand why an image with text? Then you cant even copy/paste it... And anyway if its text then the format should be something else like png or something.

Upvote 0
Bf3 has commander removed, RO2 is adding it.
Yea, there is a good reason why BF3 has no commander. The commander function in BF2 proved to be too powerful, you could not be stealthy in BF2 anymore with that function. One of the biggest annoyance of BF2 was/is the commander spam *infantry spotted* x 2500 times over the intercom in a single round.

I wonder how RO2 will implement the commander function.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Battlefield has fake destruction. People consider it fully blown destruction but from what I remember

It's just "walls". This wall is either not destroyed or destroyed. Thats a simple trigger that pretty much falsey creates the illusion of proper destruction.

For example, when you can smash out a wall that DOESNT dissapear and lands on the floor to which you can take cover behind it. THEN its proper destruction. People hype this feature up too much. Sure, its nice battlefield has that but to shout and scream at the top of your lungs about something you don't even know how it works is sheer ignorance thus any comment you have can be thrown into a black hole. You, kind sir or madam, should not be involved in the creative process of any game! =)

Reactions: hockeywarrior
Upvote 0
Ahh, okay, I didnt see you meant to make an image file with a list in it.

But I dont understand why an image with text? Then you cant even copy/paste it... And anyway if its text then the format should be something else like png or something.

Images are easy to host, share and read. Especially if you want to put text into tables or organized way. Also most people ignore long walls of text. I post later an example image how do I see it.

Upvote 0
Ender has it right! Spread the word of the RO 2, but reach out to unbelievers with love and understanding :) Spread the gospel of the IS-2

what this man said. :D:IS2:

I think Red Orchestra will always apeal to more mature gamers.
Most of younger players will go for the flashy cinematic experiences of the blockbuster mainstream shooters... then someday they will get bored with all that shooting gatling miniguns from chopers... and only then they will try RO, but thats fine, the best thing with RO is its durability, it stays around for many years.

This, when i first started playing a year ago i was probably always the youngest person on the server, most of the time. :D

Reactions: slavek
Upvote 0
Images are easy to host, share and read. Especially if you want to put text into tables or organized way. Also most people ignore long walls of text. I post later an example image how do I see it.

Here is what my crappy Paint skills can offer:

ROVSBF.jpg

Someone else fill in the feature comparison below the images, or make something from scratch. :p

I do think it would be a nice idea to make such an image and post it in those RO2 VS BF3 discussions.

Reactions: Forssen
Upvote 0
Here is what my crappy Paint skills can offer:

ROVSBF.jpg

Someone else fill in the feature comparison below the images, or make something from scratch. :p

I do think it would be a nice idea to make such an image and post it in those RO2 VS BF3 discussions.

Anyone who's done some work at marketing / advertising is currently laughing his *** off at the typical Blue/Orange contrast (Not that it still pleases ones eye). I'm still surprised that people think IT WORKS after the Guru's go "That piece of **** is outdated and too popular, come up with something different"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Anyone who's done some work at marketing / advertising is currently laughing his *** off at the typical Blue/Orange contrast (Not that it still pleases ones eye). I'm still surprised that people think IT WORKS after the Guru's go "That piece of **** is outdated and too popular, come up with something different"

But, but its so cool with the guy turning into smoke and posing in a bad-*** manner! :p

It sells to the kids...

Upvote 0