• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Next Patch = Huge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

[Mad_Murdock]

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 28, 2006
I dont know if anyone else has been thinking this but with the next patch so long in development I'm starting to think theres something special goin down. Like I have heard about hoodless sights on k98s, but that couldnt take so long so, any thoughts or something? If someone has any info on patch at all, pray tell. I'm anxious.

btw, feel free to move this or merge with another thread.

Our own internal schedule for support for RO:O goes till the end of 2007 and a tad into 2008. I will say this though. We have gotten behind on our schedule a tad. Support has not dropped nor been scaled down for RO:O yet.

Parts of the next patch have been in testing for some time, however like I said, something have taken us longer then we expected (for the next patch and for other things). Which has thrown our schedule off what we had originally planned. Not to mention the holidays which we didn't factor into our plans (oops), or everybody getting sick (twice), also not part of the plan.... Curse us for not forseeing sickness!

Things are underway here, just not as fast as we, or obviously the community, would like.

Upvote 0
Next patch = meh.

My guess is that devs are too busy gearing up for the next big thing for there to be much content added in a patch to RO.

The mapping contest was seemingly a good way of getting new stuff out to the community but, as many of the maps submitted were betas, or should have been, I am not sure that it is going to keep those who are used to being spoiled by TW quiet for very long.

I really hope I am wrong here. (A quick search of the forums shows that this is quite often the case :rolleyes: )

The various mods/add-ons in the pipeline are more likely to have a more profound impact but they are often hampered to a greater or lesser extent by over-ambition of initial concept or lack of animators (or both).

Mebbe if TW were to put Sanzliot onto secondment to a nice add-on (say....oooooh, I dunno....Carpathian Crosses ;) :p) then we might see some more content out a bit sooner.

Upvote 0
Well theyve got another game in the pipelinge (cant wait to hear about) so it would be a bit much to ask for continual updates to a year old game on an even older engine when they could get a new game out thats far superior in every way. (Ie RO2 but call it something else so people dont get turned off by any bad experiences they had from this RO)

Upvote 0
Well theyve got another game in the pipelinge (cant wait to hear about) so it would be a bit much to ask for continual updates to a year old game on an even older engine when they could get a new game out thats far superior in every way. (Ie RO2 but call it something else so people dont get turned off by any bad experiences they had from this RO)

Yeah, of course I think thats great and I cant wait but at the same time...there are still so many little improvements that could be made! I mean the game has only been out for a year if that and there are so many possibilites eg tank hunters, maps, armor updates, new weapons (nagant revolver anyone?) + selective fire and vehicle exit delay etc etc!

Upvote 0
Our own internal schedule for support for RO:O goes till the end of 2007 and a tad into 2008. I will say this though. We have gotten behind on our schedule a tad. Support has not dropped nor been scaled down for RO:O yet.

Parts of the next patch have been in testing for some time, however like I said, something have taken us longer then we expected (for the next patch and for other things). Which has thrown our schedule off what we had originally planned. Not to mention the holidays which we didn't factor into our plans (oops), or everybody getting sick (twice), also not part of the plan.... Curse us for not forseeing sickness!

Things are underway here, just not as fast as we, or obviously the community, would like.

I highlighted that sentence in the quote because it came from one of TW's people. I noticed he made it perfectly clear yet people still continue with the weird speculation... please re-read Yoshiro's reply until you understand what he stated.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.