• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

NEWS! Rolled Up sleeves confirmed

And why are they neon green and blue?! This was my biggest complaint in the original gameplay videos....neon, almost futuristic looking overlay and hud. Looks like they're sticking to it? Please no.
Because it's in high contrast to the background so that you can actually read them. A dull khaki or reddish-brown might fit the theme but if you can't distinguish the text clearly from the background then you have a serious design failure.

The argument for names on everyone within X radius I believe, is that in reality you recognise someone up close by their build and their face. In a game where everyone gets a random body and head every time they spawn, and where level of detail blurs out textures after a short distance, there's no way you can ever possibly identify someone just by looking at their assigned mesh. Hence the names to give you the information that you would automatically have in reality.

Reactions: Witzig
Upvote 0
And why are they neon green and blue?! This was my biggest complaint in the original gameplay videos....neon, almost futuristic looking overlay and hud. Looks like they're sticking to it? Please no.

I agree with Ami that it looks very arcardish, but Psykochicken is also right that otherwise it would not be seen clearly.

Best solution would be that the devs include 3-5 different colours for personal taste in the menu to choose from.

Reactions: Olivier
Upvote 0
Because it's in high contrast to the background so that you can actually read them. A dull khaki or reddish-brown might fit the theme but if you can't distinguish the text clearly from the background then you have a serious design failure.

The argument for names on everyone within X radius I believe, is that in reality you recognise someone up close by their build and their face. In a game where everyone gets a random body and head every time they spawn, and where level of detail blurs out textures after a short distance, there's no way you can ever possibly identify someone just by looking at their assigned mesh. Hence the names to give you the information that you would automatically have in reality.

This discussion deserves its own thread. :D I addressed your argument and more: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=51116

Upvote 0