• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New WWII Tank Sim Announced

gleb said:
Alright, so then what's your point? MS Flightsim X COULD also be a better tank sim than this.

No it could not becouse there are absolutely no tanks there, and yes, Red Orchestra could be a better tank sim than this game, becouse it features many different places in Russia, not one, and it has alot more tanks, in this game you can only play two different tanks.

Upvote 0
myzko said:
No it could not becouse there are absolutely no tanks there, and yes, Red Orchestra could be a better tank sim than this game, becouse it features many different places in Russia, not one, and it has alot more tanks, in this game you can only play two different tanks.
I wonder if the tanks in this tank sim will fire blanks due to latency prolbems like they do in RO:O? And if SU-76s reflect 88MM shells? I think not.

Upvote 0
D3terioNation said:
What videos??
On one german gaming site there were 2 videos of driver position in action ,opening and closing hatch ,looking around etc, LOOKED SUPPER !
imgres

Upvote 0
While I am very interested in this SIM, I think it's stupid that you get a Tiger, instead of a Panther as your only tank. The Panther makes much more sense and it's a lot more versatile than a Tiger, first of all the Tiger was not meant to be a "main battle tank" like the Panther, or T-34.

I don't know, it's completely retarded that they give you the Tiger. The T-34/85 is perfect, but come on... the Tiger is meant to be used as a long range weapon not a jack-of-all-trades tank.

Ugh. Panther vs T-34 plz.

Upvote 0
D3terioNation, lets just be honest: RO is never going to approach the level of simulation for tanks that a purpose built game for the subject will.

No amount of patching is going to do this, Wilson recently talked to me about the tank penetration calculations I posted earlier and he even said the engine isn't good at handling the logarithms. Bottom line is if the engine can't do the math, you will never get the realistic armor behavior us diehards want.

Not to mention the physics. RO can't have the trees being torn down or deformable terrain. With the new UT engine maybe, but not by patching the current game. Besides, at the rate the armor system has been refined with RO, it will be probably another 2 years before it is entirely to the devs original expectation.

Upvote 0
kabex said:
While I am very interested in this SIM, I think it's stupid that you get a Tiger, instead of a Panther as your only tank. The Panther makes much more sense and it's a lot more versatile than a Tiger, first of all the Tiger was not meant to be a "main battle tank" like the Panther, or T-34.

I don't know, it's completely retarded that they give you the Tiger. The T-34/85 is perfect, but come on... the Tiger is meant to be used as a long range weapon not a jack-of-all-trades tank.

Ugh. Panther vs T-34 plz.

yep, panther vs T-34 would make more sense, but they choose the Tiger becouse it's kewl! and famous for being elite!

Upvote 0
Jack said:
D3terioNation, lets just be honest: RO is never going to approach the level of simulation for tanks that a purpose built game for the subject will.

Ok so you want a tank only game? Then thats fine.

I dont really need a game to make such precise calculations. But to offer an acceptable level of tank simulation & realism.

I think RO definitly offers this atm, and can only get better by improving the su-76 issue!

Upvote 0