• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Weapon Russian and Germany

Are we still confined in the stalingrad setting? can't you people see a bit more further your nose? C'mon, we have an editor, an engine, good animations, antilag mutator working (somehow, but still working :p ) a lot of hardcore players, an old and proven community of clans, modders, etc etc

and you want to waste all this stuff just for stalingrad? I mean, it's a city... we can have a LOT more than just stalingrad. Think about... CAMPAIGNS... think about... North Africa... about... Sea Lion (or D-day if you aren't yet bored as i am) not to mention the pacific theatre...

Playing this game JUST in Stalingrad is a waste. So, go for new weapons, expand our possibilities, new veichles, go go go modders\TWI.

Stalingrad was just a battle (an important one, ok) but we want, and can, play everywhere!

Upvote 0
The MG42 behaves differently from the MG34, while the PPD40 and PPSh41 would practically feel the same in the game. That's what he meant (probably).

Hm... PPD-40 has select fire, rear sights marked to 500 (!?!?) meters, and a slightly slower rate of fire. It's also slightly lighter and shorter.

The MG-42 has a much higher rate of fire, loses the capacity to fire single shots, is slightly lighter than the MG-34, and is slightly more reliable (though jams are not modeled in-game). The MG42's barrel change is slightly faster too.

On a role/team level the PPSh-41 is such an effective close-quarters weapon already that it's true that the PPD-40 doesn't make the Russian Assault Trooper that much better off. It might perform a little better at medium range. Now, the MG42 would make the German Machine Gunner significantly more effective. So on a larger scale, the MG42 might make more of an impact than the PPD-40.

Honestly, most of the weapons that people have suggested don't have that much of a difference in terms of their role or functionality compared to their counterparts. The M38 would feel very similar to the MN 91/30, the MP41 would feel almost identical to the MP40, etc...

Upvote 0
Are we still confined in the stalingrad setting? can't you people see a bit more further your nose? C'mon, we have an editor, an engine, good animations, antilag mutator working (somehow, but still working :p ) a lot of hardcore players, an old and proven community of clans, modders, etc etc

and you want to waste all this stuff just for stalingrad? I mean, it's a city... we can have a LOT more than just stalingrad. Think about... CAMPAIGNS... think about... North Africa... about... Sea Lion (or D-day if you aren't yet bored as i am) not to mention the pacific theatre...

Playing this game JUST in Stalingrad is a waste. So, go for new weapons, expand our possibilities, new veichles, go go go modders\TWI.

Stalingrad was just a battle (an important one, ok) but we want, and can, play everywhere!

yes that is the attitude, the battle of a leningrad XD is the pps-42 in that battle, motorcycles, a new tank, more battles , more all XD

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hm... PPD-40 has select fire, rear sights marked to 500 (!?!?) meters, and a slightly slower rate of fire. It's also slightly lighter and shorter.

The MG-42 has a much higher rate of fire, loses the capacity to fire single shots, is slightly lighter than the MG-34, and is slightly more reliable (though jams are not modeled in-game). The MG42's barrel change is slightly faster too.

On a role/team level the PPSh-41 is such an effective close-quarters weapon already that it's true that the PPD-40 doesn't make the Russian Assault Trooper that much better off. It might perform a little better at medium range. Now, the MG42 would make the German Machine Gunner significantly more effective. So on a larger scale, the MG42 might make more of an impact than the PPD-40.

Honestly, most of the weapons that people have suggested don't have that much of a difference in terms of their role or functionality compared to their counterparts. The M38 would feel very similar to the MN 91/30, the MP41 would feel almost identical to the MP40, etc...

because they put the two weapons??? the ppd-40 and the mg42 and add toys to the Russians and the Nazis,(not only the Nazis) :D Do not be selfish

Upvote 0

See, while I cannot, and will not, agree with this analysis, I can see where you're coming from. The only counterargument I will make in this case is that since weight and weapon size aren't modeled in game (I know there's a weight system but as far as i know the weight difference between MG34 and 42 would not be appreciable enough to make a difference), then the change in fire rate, combined with the loss of single fire would actually hinder the German machinegunner rather than help him because he would burn through ammo that much faster and be unable to take single accurate potshots like he can with the 34.

However, I understand this these arguments are entirely subjective so I won't complain about them including either one. I love new toys to play with :)

This is absolutely true. I love variety in weapons and its always fun to try out something new, but in this case the something new will really not differ all that much. This does make it kind of a pain to choose what to add because half of the people would say "Isn't this just a reskinned ____?", and the other half will be trying to rip your face off for including ____ but not ______.

Upvote 0
I think you might be exaggerating a little there. I know I am certainly not the only person in this community who already thinks that the rare weapons are going too far, even without adding more weapons that were exceptionally rare or anachronistic.

mmmmmmmm , ok but , the new weapons create in the gamers a new sensation, is more funny, Level Up in more weapons , and more time in the game, Tripwire sell DLC of a new weapon in clonclusion, "More money" , everyone wins..

I Mean?

Upvote 0