• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New unlock: Jetpack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my input for this thread!
I thought we already had this debate. Thousands of these guns were made and were shipped to the Eastern Front, and some ended up in Stalingrad. It's NOT historically accurate to leave them out. The game isn't called "Heroes of what the majority of soldiers had in Stalingrad." We've got pictures of soldiers using them IN Stalingrad. But like I've said before, if even 1 of these weapons made it into the time frame of our game, its good enough for me. And in this case thousands of them were on the Eastern Front, and many were in Stalingrad.
woopwoopthatsthesoundof.png

OLOLO!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
German rocket infantry? Hm, you guys actually know how many people were able to really fly such things? I remember one person, but even he died due to lack of control. I guess if you ignite your *** like that you make a pretty good human fireworks rocket but nothing more.

But we might change the recon plane to a German UFO for the Hero Commander which has X-Ray so it locates even enemies that are underground and in buildings? :D

In case someone does not know what a Reichsflugscheibe is, click here.

reabild04120603.jpg

Reactions: Piscator
Upvote 0
Reichsflugscheibe!

Reichsflugscheibe!

Oh ja die Reichsflugscheibe!
My grandfather was a test pilot for this awesome piece of equipment. Later in the war it was equipped with 3 miniguns and laser-guided missiles.
My granpa said had it come earlier and mass produced it could have won the war easily.:D

The jetpack seems a bit useless as everyone knows that NAZI's could fly short distances anyway and that is why they were superior to all others.;)

Can anyone prove that this was not in Stalingrad? No, then it should be added to the game!:D

Reactions: The_Emperor
Upvote 0
All this tech is eccessive and non-sense...

On stalingrad there were a lot of beans... russian could have easily crossed the Volga just by fly-farting. They could have also added some chili sauce from lend-lease. That would allow them to take down stukas with their bayonets imo, killing the pilot inside the cockpit... engeneer could also plant a Gremlin on the plane, scoring future kills on other planes when they multiply once back in the hangars, but only after lvl 25 :D And at lvl 50 they gain the ability to feed the gremlins after midnight

(do you youngsters remember the gremlins... do you? )

Upvote 0
http://www.dieselpunks.org/profiles/blogs/the-himmelstuermer-flightpack

Since the whole prototype-unlocks thing is already established it would make sense to include that, either as regular or hero unlock, preferably the former. That way you could enjoy Mkb and AVT on the ground but as epic jetpack dogfights as well + it would add new interesting depth to maps and camping spots, not to mention tons deaths by colissions between objects or other players.

There is little gameplay value lost by jetpack unlock, on the contrary it would only add new dimension to conventional tactics and gameplay.

YES! Since TWI can't prove it didn't exist and definitely can't prove that it wasn't sent to Stalingrad, there is no reason why we shouldn't have this in game.

Upvote 0
In face of this principle that has been now (yet again) officially admitted from TWI's point of view, I most sincerely bump this thread and request further thought on this subject and here's the initial draft:

-Both sides have several jetpack troopers (and jetpack engineer as well) with access to virtually any weapon. Russians would have captured jetpacks to justify their own lack of direct equivalent.
-The jetpack would have regenerating fueltanks, allowing fluid gameplay within RO2's already fast gameplay without unnecessary interruptions to game flow.
-Damaging the jetpack disables it, small chance of explosion as well.
-Jetpack control would have two modes: Regular one that acts pretty much your standard jetpack ala DN3D\Tribes\[insert some other examples] and a 'flight' mode where you cannot use your weapon, but have greater control over flight, angles etc as if you're wnb-Superman with a flight device.
-Crashing at high speeds is obviously fatal.

Actual benefits:
-New dimension of tactics. Imagine Grain Elevator or Pavlov's House when you suddenly have tons of new directions to consider. Or say Red October Factory.
-Less campy gameplay for obvious reasons.
-Gore system can benefit from high speed crashes or mid-air colissions.
-New possibilities for stat growth, E.G. flight stability, response, larger fuel reserves etc.
-More gameplay use for HMGs and actual reason to add AAMGs\such in the future.
-Custom mappers can have more creative scenarios and map designs to truly take the best out of jetpacks.
-Fun factor that goes seamlessly with RO2's core gameplay.

Possible negative effects:
-Takes a while for people to truly master the class.
-Some maps may require some small changes in order to properly accommodate jetpack classes.

It's effectively win-win situation in any situation to both developers and the playerbase of RO2 to have a fresh change that is perfectly justified by historical and also realism grounds. :)
Very true... I doubt any of us can actually prove that jet packs were NOT used in Stalingrad, and therefore they must be given 100% consideration for inclusion. I submit to TWI that this addition be added at once.

I'll commence research, and I am nearly positive that the Germans were working on jetpack technology in the early years of WWII (seriously, not kidding). This should be more than enough burden of proof to justify their inclusion in RO2. After all, it's only logical.

Oh, and:
Here's my input for this thread!

woopwoopthatsthesoundof.png

OLOLO!
This is brilliant. I can't believe this wasn't raised before ... the ONE reference picture used to justify this gun's mysterious appearance in RO2 is definitely false. Luckily this doesn't impact the Jet Pack being in game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh, and:

This is brilliant. I can't believe this wasn't raised before ... the ONE reference picture used to justify this gun's mysterious appearance in RO2 is definitely false. Luckily this doesn't impact the Jet Pack being in game.

To be honest, I'm simply reposting the info from that one thread where this history researcher called out Ramm on the MKB. Sadly, the thread has been locked because idiots kept invading the thread to post pictures of dead horses, despite Lemon's effort to keep the thread on the railz.

657c75c4d23b726b146d0ab.png

Please! (Sarcasm) There is only one ex-German soldier claiming the MKb 42 Assault Rifle was at the Stalingrad Battle and if Tripwire (Sorry to be rude) would just do a little research they would find out his story and photo fall apart under its own weight.

The copyrighted photo in question is label “Stalingrad 4.X.1942” (October 4, 1942) and it is actually a still from some period camera footage. The photo displayed here is same still from my own personal collection but mine is not labeled.

Here is parts of 1 hour interview I had with Prince Alfred von Habsberg zu Hohenhausen at the Weekend of Heroes gathering in 2004.

AVHH-001.jpg

2204-weoh-02.jpg

I asked many questions of the Prince about the Stalingrad battle. The last questions I asked him about the famous photo of him and some his squad/assaults team at the Stalingrad battle. I showed him the photo and he said”…he remember it well.” Then he told a little story about the photo, after he was done with his story I said I have some questions related to the photo. He said “go ahead.”
1.) I asked him if he was required to use a helmet during combat, He said “Yes!” Then I asked if he was in combat during this photo “Why is he not wearing his helmet?” He said “I am not sure?”

2.) I stated that “the M-43 field cap he had on in the picture was introduced in June of 1943, 7-8 months later than the photo was label, he said to me "the photo must have been label wrong."

3.) I asked “If it was normal (in 1942) for infantry officers to be wearing gaiters in the field? He said to me "He said it was not normal ... and the photo must have been label wrong."

4.) I stated that “the MKb 42 Assault Rifle was not produced & distributed until November 1942 but his photo is labeled and the battle for the Tractor factory was during mid October. He did not answer me.

5.) I asked what was the main SMG weapon he and his men used during the Stalingrad battle, he said "MP-40's (40 & 41).”

6.) I asked if any of his men were issued the MKb 42 Assault Rifles during the battle of Stalingrad, he said “… the photo and time period must be wrong!”
Side note: I have spoken with the weapons/amour restorer at the Volgograd State panoramic museum "Stalingrad Battle" and they have no captured MKb 42 (or 43 version) Assault Rifles on display or in their collection.

Russ

Oh and this :p
rammrage2.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.