• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New maps insanely difficult? Or is it just me?

Yeah, I don't find the Husks to be OP at all. More, they seem to be the straw that breaks the camel's back. In the previous version, when your group was teetering on the edge of dying, someone would drop the FP or scrake and people would get the breathing room to recover.

Now, the Husk ninja-snipes the weakest person in the group and the whole house of cards comes down, especially for zerkers who can't see anything between the blood splatter, screen shake and flame graphics. Husks really show how dangerous they are on levels like Farm, when you have 2-3 husks spawned and they start shooting you from a long ways away.

So much of this. The Husk gets annihilated with careful placement of shots, but that's assuming you have the breathing room to do it with. Every time I'm killed by a husk it's because I either A) can't see it behind a wall of zeds or B) I'm seriously low on health running away from from a group and it snipes me.

But if you HAVE the breathing room/precious few seconds to give to shoot at it, all you have to do is wait for it to fire, dodge, hunker down and zero in on its head. On hard mode, I've dropped it with a bullpup with ease. IMO it's perfectly balanced. And honestly when I first saw one I was highly unimpressed at its minimal damage... until our group was swarmed - and I saw just how dangerous they actually can be.

Upvote 0
I think they've got some other special power too. Last night, there were several times I was playing berzerker and just went "Oh, **** that!" and charged a Husk that had been shooting me with impunity from around a corner. It usually led me into a death trap of crawlers and gorefasts.

I like that Husks seem to alternate between closing the distance and shooting you from cover. If it were only one or the other they wouldn't be as much fun.

Upvote 0
^^same, only problem I have with them is maybe they appear too early. in 6p hard they start showing up by wave2, I don't know about normal but it can cause some early game wipes if your team is not full or new players are trickling in here and there. of course we have the weekenders to deal with so we should probably get some more playtime on them first before judging.

Upvote 0
The Husk gets annihilated with careful placement of shots, but that's assuming you have the breathing room to do it with. Every time I'm killed by a husk it's because I either A) can't see it behind a wall of zeds or B) I'm seriously low on health running away from from a group and it snipes me.
But if you HAVE the breathing room/precious few seconds to give to shoot at it, all you have to do is wait for it to fire, dodge, hunker down and zero in on its head. And honestly when I first saw one I was highly unimpressed at its minimal damage... until our group was swarmed - and I saw just how dangerous they actually can be.
The fire damage but most of all the fact that it obscures your vision make Husk's effective...and their attack AI, specifically their ability to lead targets, is crazy good.
I've found the lever action to be most suitable for bringin' 'em down. The first shot stuns them and they hang their head just below the shoulders..easy folllowup headshot.

Upvote 0
I've had trouble with Wyre, only because It's to hard to tell where some of the map boundaries are. Like It looks like you can jump over that one big log. Only you find out you can't and you just got yourself surrounded while trying.

Besides that I don't think they're that much harder then the old maps.

a majority of you should use sniper weapons, then stay on the base, it worked with my friends (all five of them are trying the free weekend, so they're new)

Upvote 0