• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New M44 - which map(s) is it on?

Ah the M44.

Faster to shoulder and fire than the full length rifles, more accurate than the semi-autos and with a permanently attatched pig sticker for close quarters.

I love this gun!

Interesting thing though, have you guys noticed that it's missing the stampings on the breech block that all the other rifles in the game have? I find it odd that on all the other rifles in game they have correct stampings in the proper positions but the M44 doesn't, what ever happened to your attention to detail TWI :p

Upvote 0
hillside.jpg

Upvote 0
Oh that's it, my turn:

pic.php

pic.php

pic.php

pic.php

pic.php

pic.php

5 rounds from 50 yards, point of aim is bottom of the black (very difficult to see red dot at that distance and the black/white contrast makes for easier sighting).

For those of you who live in the USA, you can buy a Mosin Nagant for less than $100. It's totally worth it. There's nothing like a day at the range with your Mosin. :D

Upvote 0
Drude said:
Less than 100$, man that's cheap.

and tell me again how easily you can get license for it?
Ah... common misconception. In most states in the USA, you do not need any license whatsoever to purchase a firearm. The exception are class-III firearms such as fully automatic weapons, silenced weapons, etc.

But in terms of buying a rifle or a shotgun, you just walk into the store, pay for it, the store does the simple FBI background check over the phone (no felonies, stuff like that) and you are good to go. In-and-out in 15 minutes. I bought my semi-automatic AK-47. No license necessary. Went home with a $300 Romanian AK, a few 30-round magazines, and 1000 rounds of 7.62x39mm. Now if it were FULLY-automatic, it would be considered class-III. That's more of a hassle (and very expensive) so the vast majority of guys get semi-automatic AK-47's and M-16's. Pistols are a bit different... there's a 3-day waiting period, but no license is necessary.

Some of the liberal states (California, New York, Massachusetts) are different though. You certainly can't get an AK-47 there. But where I'm from (Florida) we love our guns and we've got great gun rights.

In Florida and many other states, you can also get a concealed weapons license. See www.packing.org for more details. This allows you to carry a pistol with you as long as it isn't visable (don't want people to panic). There are restrictions (schools, court houses, police stations, and other obvious places) but I've got one and most of the time I'm packing. Walmart, going to a restaurant, hanging out at night... there's a reason why crime in Florida has been declining. A criminal would rather attack an unarmed New Yorker (who has very limited gun rights) than an armed Floridian.

Anyway, if you live in the South, Southwest, or the Midwest, gun ownership is a breeze. If you live in California, Massachusetts, Delaware, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Washington D.C., or New York... I feel sorry for you. In those states, even if you went through all of the hoops to get a gun, if someone tried to kill you in your own home and you shot him you'd go to jail.

Just for the record, I'm not a crazy militia KKK whacko and I'm not even Republican for that matter. I'm a moderate American and I enjoy my Constitutional Rights. Especially the 2nd Amendment. :)

Upvote 0
Here, Mosin-Nagants selling for $69

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Rifles.html

They've also got Mausers and other cool surplus stuff. If your local gunstore doesn't have what you are looking for or is grossly overcharging you for it, order from aimsurplus. Most gunstores will charge you a $25 transfer fee and background check, and aimsurplus will also charge you for shipping (about $15). So for a $69 Mosin on aimsurplus, you're actually looking at about $109.

I bought mine for $99 in store, not including tax and $5 background check.

Goodluck getting into surplus rifles! Mosin-Nagants and Mausers are FUN and CHEAP! You'll love Red Orchestra even more if you get into the real thing.

Upvote 0
Tak said:
Cleaning a rifle that's fresh out of milsup storage can be a b*%ch though, just a warning :p But it'll make you appreciate shoving in that first stripper and putting lead down range all that much more.
Yeah, the cosmoline is a real pain to clean out. Expect to spend 2-3 hours cleaning it before you even think about going shooting. Get some degreaser or gunscrubber... you can even melt off the cosmoline by putting the metal parts in the oven on a low temp (like 150-250 degrees Fahrenheit).

For those who don't know what cosmoline is... it's basically snot-like grease that is packed into every nook and cranny of a gun for long-term storage (prevents rust and corrosion).

Upvote 0
skypirate said:
there's a reason why crime in Florida has been declining. A criminal would rather attack an unarmed New Yorker (who has very limited gun rights) than an armed Floridian.

untill they just decide just to shoot you out of hand and take your wallet out of your back pocket themselfs.

i'll stick to living in europe thank you.

(and if i wanted a gun i could get a gun here all i need is a collectors licents or a join a shooting range)

Upvote 0
The_Countess said:
untill they just decide just to shoot you out of hand and take your wallet out of your back pocket themselfs.

(and if i wanted a gun i could get a gun here all i need is a collectors licents or a join a shooting range)
Thats the problem most right to carry fail to think about. He who shoots first wins. No quick draw crap here. Somebody with gun drawn and pointed is more accurate then person trying to unholster his gun.

florida.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
skypirate said:
Anyway, if you live in the South, Southwest, or the Midwest, gun ownership is a breeze. If you live in California, Massachusetts, Delaware, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Washington D.C., or New York... I feel sorry for you. In those states, even if you went through all of the hoops to get a gun, if someone tried to kill you in your own home and you shot him you'd go to jail.

You might want to take Delaware out of that statement. Delaware is a *very* gun-friendly state, with laws pretty similar to what you have in the south. I used to live there & it was an oasis of gun-friendliness in the northeast. Delaware is only restrictive when it comes to Class-III (strictly verboten, but non-issue for me) & concealed carry (IIRC, no reciprocity for out of state permits).

Upvote 0
Theodrake said:
Thats the problem most right to carry fail to think about. He who shoots first wins. No quick draw crap here. Somebody with gun drawn and pointed is more accurate then person trying to unholster his gun.

florida.jpeg

What's with the hate? If some bad guy already has his gun drawn, obviously you aren't going to try to "quick draw" him while he's looking. But, on the otherhand, if you are in a gas station candy aisle unbeknownst to the robber (who is mugging the clerk) you may be able to resolve the situation.

Or you could have no gun and be completely at the mercy of the gunman with no options whatsoever. Sit on your knees and pray.

Crooks won't go around running with guns shooting people on the street if they know there's a good chance other civilians are equally armed. Heck, there's even tons of stories of civilians coming to the aid of police officers struggling with overpowering criminals.

But hey, we could pass laws to prevent law abiding civilians from getting guns. The criminals don't care. They don't respect the law anyway.

Upvote 0