• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] New Lucas Arts game to be announced tomorrow

Upvote 0
Jedi Outcast was great as well.

Jedi Academy was just fan service galore and fell flat on its nose in the process. You want the light-saber right from the start? Thou shalt have it! Customizable character with no personality? Thou shalt have it! Selectable missions that make the story suck? Thou shalt have it! Choices that effect the ending and as usual the evil ending is tacky? Thou shalt have it! Recurring favorite characters even so they don't fit in the time-line? Thou shalt have it!

Some good missions in there, but overall this game had nothing on Jedi Outcast.

If you really like Star Wars, I suppose Battlefront 1 is great as well. It captures Star Wars much better than Battlefront 2, though Battlefront 2 isn't bad either. I wouldn't call either game great but they are good. If you happen to be a Star Wars nut they might be great too.

Upvote 0
Seeing how they're releasing the classic Indiana Jones games, I hope they re-release Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine. It's one of my favorite games of all time, but it is horribly incompatible with XP / Vista and the setup won't even start on 64 bit systems. Without that game, I wouldn't even have this username.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jedi Academy wasn't so bad. It wasn't great, but far from a complete failure.

I'd much rather have a new Dark Forces though. Only blasters and thermal detonators. No force powers or light sabers. Or if you really need a light saber, give it a real melee system like Mount&Blade.

Like I said though, a new X-wing/TIE Fighter would be No.1.

But this is a disappointment for me. You can already play the classic adventures on modern PC's and even mobile phones using SCUMMVM. I recently finished Fate of Atlantis on a Sony Ericsson that way.

Upvote 0
Jedi Outcast was a quality game. I did enjoy academy but it really had a lack of story line which outcast was good. Plus the slow leveling force powers in outcast made it awesome everytime you learn't something new!

Jedi Outcast was NOT a quality game, the animation and quality, even in no.2 were a joke, in fact, the gam was only fun when you had the cheats.

EDIT - Crossing the last two posts made by me, I would not forgive Jedi Outcast for a batlefront 3, I have a Wii anyway and no one gives the Wii equal versions of the games, because its not a "proper console" What the **** is a proper console anyway!? That pisses me off...I'm allowed to sy that right..?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jedi Outcast was NOT a quality game, the animation and quality, even in no.2 were a joke, in fact, the gam was only fun when you had the cheats.
I'll have to disagree here. They were a joke in no.2 (if at all) because a) they added ridiculous new fighting moves for the lightsabres, and perhaps more important they were still more or less the same as in Outcast but competing against more recent titles now.
Jedi Outcast looked fine! If anything it was the environments that weren't too hot but thanks to the great level design they came to life just fine.
Special effects were really good too. The blue secondary explosion of the automatic blaster (don't know the name) is probably the best looking energy explosion in any game from the pre-framebuffer-whoring era! Looks even better than the shock-explosion in UT2003 and the one in UT2004!

Upvote 0
Meh Jedi Outcast was okay, but overall just a better than average shooter with star wars bonus. Nothing special. You definetly noticed it's not Lucas Arts anymorew. Never was a fan of Raven Software games, somehow their games always lack something. I think it's originality.

For me, no doubt, the first three installments (DF, JK and Mysteries of the Sith) are several times the quality of everything that followed.

Upvote 0