• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Guns Yay!! Now need new ZEDS!!

Well I was playing through DOOM2 (I know, but hey sometimes you just want some vintage demon blasting) and I thought about....

The Arch Vile. I know that there are currently no persistent bodies in KF so his usefulness would be relegated to reviving specimens in the immediate area but man that would be a panic to have one spawn.

Those who do now know (if you have not played DOOM2 shame on you) the Arch Vile is an enemy with a wicked bad *** ambient sound ( awesome demonic laughing ) that does a lot of damage to any person they can see ( after a lengthy charge up, during which the player hears and sees flames forming around them ) and can bring monsters back from the dead if it runs over their corpse.

The Arch Vile does have about a second or so when he stops and does an animation to revive something so he would not just be able to run through a pile of specimens without stopping briefly at each one to bring it back.

I think this would be a very interesting specimen for KF that would really cause a mad dash to kill it when it spawned.

YouTube - kill an archvile with a shotgun[/URL]

Upvote 0
dog/bull zombie the best

dog/bull zombie the best

I personally don't think another ranged attack zed would be a good idea, on some maps if you're surrounded you just plain won't be able to take out all the ranged zombies fast enough to get away. The short-ranged bloats and sirens are usually fairly close when you see them anyway, at least on confined maps like office. It's a good balance.

MY vote is on the Doom 3 pinky demon-style zed which is a short, bulky and fast dog/bull-like zombie, about as tough/tougher than the bloat but with no decap ability and it does considerable damage with strong knockback. The knockback can send players into the middle of a zombie hoard, which clearly would bring about more "OH ****" moments. Right now, all the zeds are initially fairly slow. Having one always-fast zed would mix up the gameplay nicely and keep players more on their toes. For example, if the whole team is camping a hallway with a firebug laying down flames, they might get a little bored but then all of a sudden a big freakin dog/bull monster comes charging through the flames ready to smack **** up. Faster than your team can say "fleshpound," you're getting knocked across the room. Better be ready!!!

Upvote 0
I would like to see a chain-attack zed with a flail for his left arm that begins charging and swinging his flail over his head the moment he sees a squad member, running faster than a raging gorefast. He has 200 base health, 4/5 that of a gorefast, making him reasonably easy to take down for anyone, but he has regenerating health, based at 10 health per second. He's got a base bounty of 20, right between the stalker and siren.

If you don't take him down and he hits you, he does 15 base damage, comparable to a Gorefast. But the thing is, he doesn't keep going after you. He runs off to heal, like Pat. And then he goes after someone else, and he poses no threat to you until he hits someone else.

Obviously when he's rushes you, you want him dead, at a high priority. But after that, can you chase him down and finish him off, or are you too busy with other specimens? Will he just keep hitting everyone over and over, with no one taking the initiative to finish him, contributing to a wipe out?

I think this would help mix it up, since every other specimen attacks to the death, giving little to no potential longevity.

I can't really think of a clever name for him at the moment.

A zed with a huge drill could also be cool, but in function it would probably be a bit too much of a Scrake/Fleshpound intermediate and/or Big Daddy rip off.

An alternate boss to sometimes take pat's place would be nice too but probably won't happen. To be honest I don't expect any new zeds to happen, particularly not for free.

Upvote 0
What I'd love to see is a zombie wolf/dog, it should travel very fast and be very weak, much like the clot. But if it gets too close it jumps on you, knocks you down, and from your perspective all you see is the large zombified head of a dog trying to rip your guts out. Would scare the **** outta me. and would take the other members of your team to knock it off. Therefore bringing your team closer together. And

Maybe for a ranged dude u could have one that has like a visor over its head with auto lock on so that the laser on its arm would be very accurate and be able to do lots of damage. But here's the catch, because of the weird visor over its head it would be blinded, and walk in weird patterns. Occasionally stumbling,and letting the laser do its work. so once found it could be easily dispatched.

thanks for reading :D

Upvote 0
Oh come on an enemy that wont die is a horrible idea. Well my L4D idea was better though(regenerating infected clown with creepy music). How about Patriarchs asisstances or his favorite private creation like mini bosses every 3 levels (at least on long). Goes with the giant huge zombie thatll take teamwork to take down. At least you have one thing more to worry about thn the Patriarch at the end.

Upvote 0
zed? whats that mean Zombie something ? I AGREE!

zed? whats that mean Zombie something ? I AGREE!

dude is right, other than some more cool balanced pistols and a bit more carry space, and some balancing with the weight carrying (no weightless dual .50) this game could use a fast moving creepy alien like thingy, like a nasty dog, or even a bosslike nasty dog, like that mutant dog in the first resident evil movie, or the mutant dog thing seen on some stargate episode i seen, having that thing come at you at twice the speed of a crawler would be freaky, and by freaky i mean exciting, and that would keep my attention more. In fact I find the only challenge comes from dealing with the unpolished annoyances in game, and keeping off the flesh pound and screamers. Yesturday i beat a whole map alone, even took out the end boss with no help ( i know i know much fewer zombies) but I find i can just walk backwards all the time and take them all one at a time, even crawlers, so YA a dog thing would cool, or even a couple types of dog things. HEY it just occured to me, body decals, holes and blood on them when u shoot them? and alot less damage from non headshots to increase the difficulty and increase that ZOMBIE feel too, i only try for headshots so maybe yall already got that.

DOG like THING, need a fast moving dog thing definately a great idea

Upvote 0
dude is right, other than some more cool balanced pistols and a bit more carry space, and some balancing with the weight carrying (no weightless dual .50) this game could use a fast moving creepy alien like thingy, like a nasty dog, or even a bosslike nasty dog, like that mutant dog in the first resident evil movie, or the mutant dog thing seen on some stargate episode i seen, having that thing come at you at twice the speed of a crawler would be freaky, and by freaky i mean exciting, and that would keep my attention more. In fact I find the only challenge comes from dealing with the unpolished annoyances in game, and keeping off the flesh pound and screamers. Yesturday i beat a whole map alone, even took out the end boss with no help ( i know i know much fewer zombies) but I find i can just walk backwards all the time and take them all one at a time, even crawlers, so YA a dog thing would cool, or even a couple types of dog things. HEY it just occured to me, body decals, holes and blood on them when u shoot them? and alot less damage from non headshots to increase the difficulty and increase that ZOMBIE feel too, i only try for headshots so maybe yall already got that.

DOG like THING, need a fast moving dog thing definately a great idea

Lol yea zombie-mutant dog is cool idea. Reminds me of crawler but FASTER.

Upvote 0
img016-1.jpg

That was my quick sketch of a new specimen I would like to see, He is a ripped in half mutant thing a bit taller than a crawler, he is quite fast but doesn't have much health, when he is close enough he grapples on to your legs slowing you down and at the same time he is ripping flesh from your bone.

Upvote 0
pic

That was my quick sketch of a new specimen I would like to see, He is a ripped in half mutant thing a bit taller than a crawler, he is quite fast but doesn't have much health, when he is close enough he grapples on to your legs slowing you down and at the same time he is ripping flesh from your bone.

Make the face not smiling, make it look like it look tormented and bloodthirsty, and that'd be an awesome monster for any game.

Upvote 0