• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

new grenade function

PETERPANs

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
When you are near doors and you use secondary grenade function (there should be icon that alert you):
1. step - you open the door for a little, covered by wall
2. step - you ready grenade
3. step - you throw it behind door
4. step - you close the door
5. step - boom

Also there should be another door feature to open them a little, just enogh to check situation behind them by one eye. It should be done by open key when you hold it. The duration of observing will be long as you hold open key.

There will be also penetration system for RO 2 so you are dumb enemy is able to shot you to head behind doors. But if enemy dont spot you ... :IS2:

I don't really want any doors which you can open and close in RO2, for the same reason I don't like to see people enter a vehicle at the speed of light. It's so gamey to see all the players running around being able to telepathically open the door if they are close enough.

I doubt it will be moddeled that your or someone elses avatar actually reaches out and grabs the handle to open/close the door. Depending on which side of the door you are this could make closing the door after throwing a grenade something way more dangerous.

Upvote 0
I agree that being able to partially open a door would be a nice feature if you're trying to be stealthy. Not necessary, but it'd be nice.

I'm not sure about the new destructible environment and penetration, but I don't think tossing a frag right around a corner would be too healthy for you in most cases.

I'm assuming we'll see realistic blast radii in HOS?

Upvote 0