• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Character Annimations

Kaminski

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 1, 2009
I would expect that Tripwire is, or maybe already has, made some new character annimations. What I'd like to suggest is something that no other games that I know of are using yet and that would be a 170 degree swivel on the character model's head.

At the moment your dealing with a flat screen and to be able to effectively see to the right or left of you you have to move the whole character model left or right.

Picture this, you're lying in position watching through your iron sights, move your mouse wheel one click forward and the character model's head is free to look left or right using the mouse, whilst the rest of the model stays prone not moving, another mouse wheel click and your back on your iron sights, having checked your flanks, magic!

I'd also like to see a rolling movement whilst prone, and while I'm on about this, how about an annimation whereby you curl up into a pheotal position if caught in an artillery bombardment, thus minimizing any potential damage.

Your first suggestion is free look like in Arma. The problem with this is that you somewhat lose control when you are in the "free look" mode. If someone attacks you, you have to press a button before you can shoot back.

Rolling can and will be abused. In games like America's Army everyone rolls all the time to avoid bullets.

What I think is a good idea is to have peripheral vision indicators like in Arma 2. Basically if a friendly or an enemy is within your peripheral vision, but the FOV in the game does not let you see him, an arrow appears at the side of the screen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Idea was nice, and it would definately add realism. But the implementation is hard, maybe too hard, just like Tiger2 stated. TrackIR support would be the answer to the implemention question. But then again, how many of gamers have TrackIR. Well, I wish I had.

I'd also like to see a rolling movement whilst prone

Rolling is actually hard if not impossible when wearing all the battle gear. So that kind of narrows it down.

Upvote 0
Idea was nice, and it would definately add realism. But the implementation is hard, maybe too hard, just like Tiger2 stated. TrackIR support would be the answer to the implemention question. But then again, how many of gamers have TrackIR. Well, I wish I had.

Rolling is actually hard if not impossible when wearing all the battle gear. So that kind of narrows it down.

Keep in mind that the gear in WW 2 wasn't the same as tst-vy

Upvote 0
Hell yeah, a thread again to wave flags for another melee attacking: kicking the enemy!

I've always wished the ability to kick enemy players who are on the ground and also to kick them out of a tall building to reward them with a nice flight.

Abusing ability is low and highly silly to do so. To be honest if someone starts running around just to kick people like jet li you'll probably just shoot him, won't ya? But for some quick reaction like a well-placed kick to push the enemy down some stairs. Would be awesome if he falls to the ground too caused by the impact. Now he's helpless and you could shoot him.

hm, guys, what do ya think?

Upvote 0