• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Nailgun MK2 Pistols for Gunslinger/sharpshooter

Milan

Grizzled Veteran
  • Apr 19, 2021
    Kazan
    Turn on music if you wan't:

Single/dual Nailgun MK 2 Pistols:

2022-11-03-15-43-40-468.jpg

i.jpeg

What you see on the picture above is the nailgun from.. RUST, it looks pretty similar to what i expect, but it obviously lacks some sort of battery to power nails.
    Heavily modified nailgun.. More compact - but still deadly.
    Primary fire: tap once to shoot one electrified nail, when nails hit the zeds, they create arcs of electicity similar to arc generator.
    In other words - game does AOE check after nail impacts zed and creates bolts of electricity that hit nearest zeds ONCE. Bolts have damage falloff​

• Nails have more velocity due to.. electrical reasons.​
    • Electified nails also do more damage than your average nails.​
    • Nails bounce off surfaces, and they also have penetration power, that means nail will create more arcs of electricity if they hit another zed.​
    • Bolts of electricity don't suffer from damage penalty after penetration, unlike nails.​
    • If electrified nail hits head, it applies a little bit of stun power​
    • Instead of applying EMP power, bolts of electircity cause zeds to stumble in similar way like when they dodge from grenades.
    • When nails finally hit the ground, they last 4 seconds, during that time, game does another AOE check, if other nails are in the radius - game will create electrical chain that connects them, like traps, these will harm zeds and slow them down.

Inspired from similar weapon/tool from cancelled Half-Life episode 4:Return to Ravenholm, you can catch a glimpse of it here:

/ / / "Very ammo efficient backup for Sharpshooter, or primary trash clearing pistols for gunslinger with different mechanics compared to piranhas. "/ / /

Last edited:
    The timing is either perfect or unfortunate, considering Tripwire just revealing an electric sniper rifle !

I particularly dig the idea of creating traps with them ! I feel like most trap-centric weapons are rarely used because they're just too quirky to use, or are too expensive (or more accurately : it's better to upgrade your arsenal first and foremost before thinking about extras). Here, considering it's incorporated into a weapon that already seems quite capable, you'd probably see it used more often. It's also quite fitting for a sharpshooter, considering they're well-known for covering their backs in most games that allow it (we've all died to a claymore before !)

It would also bring some flavour to both perks, which is always appreciated. The Sharpshooter lacks a more versatile sidearm in its arsenal (the 1858 and .500 are great obviously, but are still suffering from a low magazine that takes a while to refill). The Gunslinger lacks pistols with a bit more "flavour" to them. I don't think it would be mandatory to give the gun to him (we've seen with the spitfire or HX25 how disastrous giving him ALL pistols can be), but I also don't think it would hurt to offer an alternative to the 1911 or Deagle (depending on the Tier). Both could still be more powerful than the Nailgun, with the latter having either more ammo per mag (possibly?) or having that sweet electricity bonus.

Upvote 0
    The timing is either perfect or unfortunate, considering Tripwire just revealing an electric sniper rifle !

I particularly dig the idea of creating traps with them ! I feel like most trap-centric weapons are rarely used because they're just too quirky to use, or are too expensive (or more accurately : it's better to upgrade your arsenal first and foremost before thinking about extras). Here, considering it's incorporated into a weapon that already seems quite capable, you'd probably see it used more often. It's also quite fitting for a sharpshooter, considering they're well-known for covering their backs in most games that allow it (we've all died to a claymore before !)

It would also bring some flavour to both perks, which is always appreciated. The Sharpshooter lacks a more versatile sidearm in its arsenal (the 1858 and .500 are great obviously, but are still suffering from a low magazine that takes a while to refill). The Gunslinger lacks pistols with a bit more "flavour" to them. I don't think it would be mandatory to give the gun to him (we've seen with the spitfire or HX25 how disastrous giving him ALL pistols can be), but I also don't think it would hurt to offer an alternative to the 1911 or Deagle (depending on the Tier). Both could still be more powerful than the Nailgun, with the latter having either more ammo per mag (possibly?) or having that sweet electricity bonus.
    The timings are weird lately..
    But i believe this pistol still has chances to exist, because HV storm cannon works differently from arc generator, it creates projectile that chains between enemies, and this nailgun pistol straight up creates arcs like arc generator.
    Even if HV cannon would work like arc gen., this pistol is weaker, but as a tradeoff, it doesn't require to hit headshots and it's projectiles deflect off surfaces.

Reactions: Aleflippy
    Upvote 0