• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF My KillingFloor.exe won't exit

trolzilol

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 26, 2014
Hi, i have a huge problem right now.
I got the game Killing Floor yesterday and played it for a while.
After i was done playing the game i closed the game via the in-game menu.
After i pressed the exit button and took a break from it i came back but i couldn't run it because the app was already running. It still says on my profile that I'm playing Killing Floor.
I've tried closing it with task manager in the information section but it says "acces denied", i tried force closing it with process hacker but it says that it can't. I've also tried turning my computer on and off, i can't log out from steam because it tells me to exit Killing Floor. I can run other steam games altough.
Please help me, i don't want my steam account ruined because of 1 single game.

That is very annoying to say the least. Just a few questions that come to mind:

Which operating system are you using? It sounds like windows when you mentioned Task Manager. If so, are you running it with administrator abilities?

And it is very weird that when you turn the computer off/on the process is still running. I feel it might be with steam automatically booting on startup. Try running msconfig.exe (search) and deselect steam from the startup menu.

Otherwise... I'm stumped too.

Upvote 0
I am having the same issue.

I just bought and installed Killing Floor (the first one) from Steam yesterday. It starts and loads just fine.

But after exiting normally, the game window disappears, it no longer shows in the taskbar, but the process (killingfloor.exe) still remains and appears to be unkillable (Process Explorer, taskkill /F/ IM, pskill, et al.)

This is on an XP Pro machine and I haven't had this happen with any other program or game, so it seems like something unique to this game. Google has also hasn't helped.

Thanks.

Upvote 0