• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

My ideas/suggestions

DarthAaeris

May 16, 2020
First off I want to say how stoked I am for this game and cannot wait to dive in next week, literally. Thank you for bringing this game to life!

With the game not being out yet, these are ideas that I have based on what I have seen in the live stream, I am sure more will file in once the game releases and we all get a chance to play and experience it first hand.

-HUD/Display Items: I know this has already been mentioned a few times already but it would be great to customize what is shown during gameplay in a specific toggle format in an options menu. Especially broken down specifically if possible, so if a player wants to turn off the flashing when an enemy/predator is vulnerable, damage count meter when attacking, etc. That way players can specifically turn off what they do and do not want to see. Say an hour or so into the game a player can shut off the vulnerability glow around predators once getting the hang of enemy attack patterns and so on. I know a lot of people say it breaks the immersive experience so it could make them happy. For me, I don't completely dislike it, however I could see wanting to turn certain elements off during prolonged gameplay.

-Skins: It would be great to get some additional skins post launch like the way the tiger shark adaptation skin was created for pre-orders. Yes, like everyone has stated, playing as other species of sharks would be cool. However, in addition to that, I am talking just skins that keep the shark the same, but offer other adaptation advantages while wearing a certain skin or even if just purely cosmetic in addition to the changes brought on by the 3 major evolutions.

-Deep Sea: Spitballing this idea as a wishlist DLC + additional area post launch. Since the game has yet to officially drop and we haven't explored The Gulf region to leave some discoveries for the players its hard to say how deep we go. But it would be great to have a world or region descend deeper into the depths and see what the team can come up with design wise. Have some special evolutions hidden in the depths, a crazy boss battle with a creature of the deep. Even though we presume we get revenge on Scaly Pete in the end, since the story is filmed as a show, have a documentary or something filmed where now they are filming a deep sea expedition and we are thrown in the mix, or we come across a research facility of some kind.

-Additional Evolution: With this deep sea idea or even just as an evolution/upgrade in the game, there could even be an evolution centered around eye sight were we are able to better see in the low lighting of the depths, or maybe a vision mode that can be used during gameplay like the sonar inspired by the sharks natural ability to detect vibrations and changes in the water pressure where the player could see sound or electrical signals given off by prey/predators, scent trails like blood in the water, etc.

I can't wait to play the game and discover it's secrets. I appreciate all the developers and anyone that has a hand in the game for all their hard work and for paying attention to the community and their ideas.

Reactions: KamLoaK
I have Depth, so playing as other shark species is irrelevant to me, because this has alreasy been done, it's like a "Been there, done that".

If we get skins, I want them to be creative liberty ones where the artists allow themselves to go crazy and create stuff that "just looks cool". I feel like this game was made for that.

Deep sea locale is indeed a common request, along with the request to be able to turn off HUD.

Upvote 0
I have Depth, so playing as other shark species is irrelevant to me, because this has alreasy been done, it's like a "Been there, done that".

If we get skins, I want them to be creative liberty ones where the artists allow themselves to go crazy and create stuff that "just looks cool". I feel like this game was made for that.

Deep sea locale is indeed a common request, along with the request to be able to turn off HUD.
I agree about the skins aspect 100%

Upvote 0