• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

My Greatest Wishes (Dreams) For A Big RO Update

Uffz.Germanski

Sep 17, 2006
3th Person damaged for Tanks
-u can see from outside that the Tank chain is destroyed

look around with MG-Gunners
- it would be nice if MG-Gunners from the Sd.Kfz 251 can scroll away from the MG34, so that they can look arround, because u need a observer in this vehicle, than if u can't see a enemy early enough 8 men will be dead (for example).
- and if the tank is build for that, it will be great too when Tank-MG-Gunners can scroll out of the tank too, like the Tank-Driver. but than they can't shoting with the MG (Pz III, Pz IV, Panther, Tiger)
- and it will be more real, when Tank-Commanders can't reload the gun when they aren't in the shooter position.

Real 3rd person view for Tank-Commander

- i would be good for tank hunters and other infantry to see were the enemy Tank-Commander is looking for. so it is important to see if he look leftside, rightside, forward,.... or if he use his binoculars.

new StuG model
-mybe u have a wrong StuG model use in RO, the the commander turret is wrong, please look at this picture, i think it is a StuG typ like in RO.

stug%20falta.jpg

- and if u can use the top MG from the StuG with a 3rd Person, it will be very great, but that isn't important.

better identification of Tank-hunters or MG-Gunners

MG and Tankhunter wearing the big weapon like MG and Panzerfaust on their backside, if they have a weapon like a pistol or a MP in their hands.

If u loose your Weapon

...it would be more real if u loose only your rifle, but not all your ammo, because you have the ammo not in your hands, because you arent loosing your ammo-bags, if u die it's ok if you loose all ammo, so that another player can put your complete weapon.

Infantery drive on tank
mybe u can making it possible that men can jumping at tank to sit sown on it, and drive together with the tank and his crew forward, that will be usefull on maps like Orel, if a tank crew loose their tank and don't want to run back, or if u have a big map with many tanks, but no vehicle for normal soldiers.

Russian Troop Carrier
the russians need a troop carrier for more than 2 men, mybe a ZIS Truck with an MG on top.
and for germans a fast ammor car like the BA-64, mybe a Sd.Kfz. 222, or if the 20mm Mashine Gun from the Sd.Kfz 222 is to heavy, a K

Last edited:
No.

We already have huge problems with BA-64. You cannot correct a mistake by another mistake.

That i mean, people write comments without any explantaion!
please say more, than one sentence, i don't know what problem u mean?

but i have found some new wishes, by playing RO today:

NEW demage-model for Tanks

It will be more real if a tank with an damaged engine can't be move with full power. and whats about a burning tank? u can drive with a burning tank for hours, without any problem.
why do tanks not explode after a period of time they have been burning? that will give the voice command "get out, we are burning" a meaning.

And a tank with only one destroyed chain can moved in a zircle, in reallife, but in RO it is stop and don't move any mm

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We already have huge problems with BA-64. You cannot correct a mistake by another mistake.

Just because there are a few hangups on the BA doesn't mean its a total failure. Sure it has a few bugs to iron out, but its not like TW isn't working on it.

Besides, you assume that giving the Germans a scout vehicle thats respective to the BA is automatically going to cause more problems, I feel thats its more likely to SOLVE the problems becuase BOTH sides would be more even in those aspects.

And just because the BA is having some issues doesn't mean the German counterpart HAS to have the same properties as the BA. Most likely if somthing is implemented they will be similar but still have many noticible differences just like the differences and similarities between the many tanks and infantry weapons that are allready in the game right now.

If the guys at TW can just make it impossible for a soldier to stand on a BA when its moving at medium to top speed and make it a little slower on rockey terrain but still as capable as it is now on solid terrain (could be implemented with texture properties) then I feel that the BA will be ironed out to an acceptable level.

If anything, I totally feel that when it comes to combined arms, tanks and infantry tactics, I really feel that RO lacks the luster that it could have when it comes to the point at which tanks and infantry meet, the infantry vehicles. The infantry vehicles, everything from the scout cars to motorcycles to troop transports and even simple flatbed trucks should be implemented because they all have a place in the feilds of RO.

I feel that some of these fears about RO turing into Battlefeild or CoD or the fear of another BA repeat, however justified, should be behind us by now. RO has moved beyond that and has allready beat those games by miles, and as long as our boys down at TW dont get abducted by any CoD developers I dont even consider those problems EVER happening to us, I just plain DONT fear it. Our boys down at TW wont let things like that happen, and if they somehow do, WE wont let it see the light of day untill its fixed, and I dont think it will EVER get to that point, cause they know exactly what their doing. This game is Red Orchestra and it will NEVER be compared to many of those games by anyone who knows what their talking about.

Last but not least, many of these suggestions have allready been made many times over Uffz.Germanski, but its allways nice to know that there is one more person who cares enough to take the time to make the suggestions anyway. Thanks Uffz.Germanski, welcome to the forums. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thx for your nice post, if more people post like you, this forum will be much better. and not every thread will have so much uninteressting pages.

But by the way

Wounded soldiers
If u will be wounded in fight, you will be have problems for the rest of your game-live.

-if your head is hit you will have a decrease of sight
-if your body is hit you should only be able to run slowly
-if your arm is hit you shouldn't be able to aim your weapon for more than a few seconds
-if your foot/feet leg/legs are red you should only be able to run slow; sprint should be impossible or very limited
-if both feet and legs are red you should only be able to crawl around anymore

loosing one point for death

if you get killed you should lose one point,
and if u hit a full Tank, u get some extra Points (not for destroying emty tanks)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes, you are right that StugIII G must be added as many other posts have stated.These are good ideas.
That horrible clown car must die! Those things just race around capping objectives after the Soviet tanks have been subdued and are retreating.I once had one trail me for 10 mins because he wanted to satchal my Tiger I.:mad: Now that they dont overturn they are even worse than before! In my mind there are only 3 options get rid of it fix (so it overturns no self righting mechanism)it or limit its use. On the other hand if Sd.Kfz. 222 can be put in the game in such a way so its not a German Clown car then im all for it with that 20mm cannon Id kill that pesky T-60!:D

Upvote 0
And a tank with only one destroyed chain can moved in a zircle, in reallife, but in RO it is stop and don't move any mm

i would love that. Finnaly then you could use real soviet tactics they used against the tigers. Destroying a chain, while the tiger advances, so he is exposing his weaker spots, like the flank!

Upvote 0
Yea, I also agree with everything said here.
And I also think you shouldn't be able to hear someone walking around behind you when you are in a Tiger Tank, which is possible atm, since the sounds are so quiet. I thought I was getting paranoid when I was driving along the river in Arad the other day, jumped out two times to see if someone was there, saw no one, jumped in again, heard something again after I drove a couple of meters, jumped out again and someone planted a satchel D: Well, if you can call it "planting" :p
It should be much louder when you drive on, and that in EVERY tank.

Another thing I would like to see is: Animations (maybe only 1st person) when you get inside a vehicle / tank (especially). I think it is way too easy to at least just get out of it; there should be a little delay in my opinion, so people cannot just hop out when they are already yellow or red and have a projectile coming in. This would add to the gameplay, because people wouldn't just waste their tanks and would be more careful I guess.

Oh and while we're at it, what about an MG on top of some tanks? When you "scroll up" as the commander you could press some key (maybe reload or something you don't need inside a tank) to operate the MG. It's as dangerous as being outside anyway, so I don't really see a problem with it.
And what about another key to get your MP or pistol to attack infantry that has surrounded your tank? Instead of this crappy "oh hey, I'll just hop out real quick, kill him and then hop in again".

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes, a little animation would be nice, so that u can see when the tank crew is leaving the Tank and jumping down from the tank to the ground.

Sd,Kfz.251
It will be very good, if you are a passenger of a Sd.Kfz.251 you have the option to scroll away from your seat and stand up, so that u are able to shot with your own weapon over the ammor of the Sch

Upvote 0
And a better camo for German Tanks will be nice too, because the Russian Green is a good camo at every Map, but the German tanks u can see everywere
Yes, fully agree the current German camo seems too Gold to me they kind of stand out also I think the Panzer III needs camo instead of panzergrau and the halftrack as well.
I think they should add more tanks that were common to the Eastern Front and tweek up the current ones we have like the Panzer III L. It should be more resilant to T-34/76 fire due to the thicker/spaced frontal armor which is better than the current Panzer IV f2's armor. Also the Panzer III destroyed and regualrly faced the T-34/76 on most battles from 1941-1943(they fought in numbers at Kursk). The Tigers forward armor should be strenthened a bit so no 76mm round can penetrate it at all without angling! The Tiger I should only angle itself against T-34/85's which after angleing must come up to 100m (500m for 90 degrees) to destroy the Tiger I. The IS-2's gun is about the same as the Tiger's 88mm penetration wise so even if ur angled it should kill you in 1 shot the reverse is also true.
The Panzer II has to be added to face the T-60 since the Panzer III L would have creamed that tin can in reality.It would be unfair for the Germans to use it against the T-60 so the addtion of the Panzer II or any other light antitank vehicle must be considered.:)
Also deflection and damage must be fixed. No tank should take more than 1 direct shot of an 88mm or a 122mm! They shouldnt deflect at all maybe at extremely long range and at crazy angles but that would be rare.The German 75mm really shouldnt deflect as much as it does only the 50mm should deflect like crazy at long distances but in medium to close range it should penetrate. The T-34's and the Su-76 need to be looked into deflection and health wise.

-Gun issues I wish they would fix.
Soviet antitank rifle is way too powerful and should not kill anything above a Panzer IV
It should only kill the Panzer III L from the sides!
It should only kill the PanzerIV F2 from the sides and rear.
No 1 shot magic kills!
This also applies to the T-60's main gun.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So i have make some Screens from the game "Company of Heroes" i think here u can see a nice camo idea for the German Tanks in "Red Orchestra - Ostfront"

a "Panther" and a "Ostwind" AA-Tank

apantherostwindsg2.jpg

"StuH 42", "Sd.Kfz.251" and a Sturmtruppen Squad
astug251kt0.jpg

"PzKpfw. IV Ausf. H" with skirts and a "PzKpfw. VI Tiger Ausf. H"
atigerpziviiisp7.jpg

or maybe a idea for a new Unit
a "SdKfz. 234 with 20mm Gun and MG42" and a "Puma with a 5cm Gun"
apumajb8.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Whats about the many Bugs in RO???

in every game on a tank map it happened that you shot, but the bullet don't leave the gun.
or u move the tank turret, but when u join the driver seat the gun is on 12 o'clock position.
And when your Gunner leave the tank and you want use the Gun, mybe it is in 9 o'clock position, the first thing what happend is that the turret move at 12 o'clock.

AND WHY I MAKE A SUICIDE with my hand weapon, but i haven't fire with it. It happend sometimes. You only move and "bam" you are down, killed by your own bullet.

Upvote 0