• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

My compliments for the new bridges map

I have played this map and all I can say is that it's superior compared to vanilla maps. Playing this map gives me OST/DH deja vu and it really feels like a proper Red Orchestra map instead of CoD WaW mixed with Ostfront. I don't play the game often but this map makes the game FUN to play despite its shortcomings.

Vanilla maps are terrible even with low player count. They are small, filled with pre-defined paths and restrictions (for instance 'combat area' messages) and they are too much streamlined (bad, bad bad the more tunnelshooter like the experience is the worse!) and contain a lot of convinient covers and such. This map feels a lot more natural and not entirely designed for combat.

In my opinion its a step in the right direction regarding map design. I hope that TWI and RS team take notice. I just hope that it wont be more streamlined e.i ruined.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I love this map myself it has much more the feeling of Ost.A pure attack/defense map that is very large and has a feeling of progression.This map just begs for APC's and more tanks for both sides.Its bound to be a total war type RO classic.It just needs some balance tweaks but could become a favorite.

The allies would do better with a tank Id rather both sides just have one.The Russians really need that tank smoke and cover.Or if no tanks take away the German AT gunners they wreck the infantry lol.

Upvote 0
Regarding Bridges of Druzhina

Regarding Bridges of Druzhina

First off, I'd like to say I am really impressed with this map. I think its the best I've played on in RO2 and I really hope new maps follow the same direction.

As for any further adjustments for this map, my request is that the creator doesn't go overboard on detail, as I know how easy that is to do. RO2's vanilla maps are astonishingly detailed, but this is a real performance hog, and the maps are far smaller than Bridges of Druzhina. More is not always better, and I would like to see a minimalist approach to clutter, where only what is needed for gameplay purposes is placed (I'm mostly talking about building interiors). I don't mean strip the interiors completely bare, simply try to make it performance friendly. I guess what I'm trying to say is; please don't add too much more decorative clutter, it's very good as it is!

On a side note, I've only noticed a few small bugs, where grass is hovering in the air due to it being on the edge of a hill or mound, but otherwise, its been almost completely bug free.

Again, hats off to the creator: 11_HARLEY_11, I hope we see more maps from you in the future. Here's a link to his map thread: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=82210

Upvote 0
Agreed, great map. It really allows RO's game mechanics to shine. Would like to see more of this and Mamayev type maps which should be the standard style RO map. Apartments gives a nice change of pace with frantic close combat. Grain Elevator and Red October Factory are good examples of a mixture of close and mid to long range. But these types of maps really need to be the core of the RO experience.

Upvote 0
I have played this map and all I can say is that it's superior compared to vanilla maps [...] In my opinion its a step in the right direction regarding map design. I hope that TWI and RS team take notice. I just hope that it wont be more streamlined e.i ruined.

Totally agree. Played the stock maps Saturday night and to be honest there is absolutely no joy in playing them now.

Sad, but true.

Upvote 0