• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sound Music files and what it's used for.

Snowej

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 20, 2009
Hi... First post!

Anyways, I'll start by saying; Killing Floor is a great game.

Now, to the point. I am what most would consider a 'metalhead'... However, I'm just not feeling the music.

I believe music akin to 28 Days Later would better suit the game, adding to my perfect vision of an eerie atmosphere.

I was going to create myself a sound pack. Problem is, I don't know where/what each music file is used for. KFMenu was pretty self explanatory, but yes... That's about it.

Any and all help would be much appreciated!

I have already begun to do exactly what you are saying.... here is what I have managed to achieve so far.

KFMenu : Marilyn Manson - Resident Evil (Main Title Theme)
KF_Wading : John Murphy - Leaving England

I would have done much more but at the moment I need to concentrate more on my college work ! If perhaps you would like to help me complete this mod then that is fine with me, I plant to replace almost all the songs in the music folder with songs from the Resident Evil film soundtracks and 28 days/weeks later !
Feel free to add me on Steam Friends : Biohazard_Max

Upvote 0
Chaos Legion

Chaos Legion

If you never played the game, I suggest looking on youtube for its music or loading its OST, the music fits the game so well that i'm sure you will love it.

this is my favorite:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VPxX-4q_f50&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VPxX-4q_f50&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Upvote 0
Problem is that you have to make sure all the songs you choose for your soundpack are completely legal...or else you could be sued...

---Stixsmaster
This is only true if:

A) TWI wants to make your mod official. And since it is only a music mod full of copyrighted music, they wouldn't bother.

or

B) You try to sell your mod for money. And in that case, your more immediate concern would be getting your *** sued by TWI for trying to profit from THEIR copyrighted material.

Simply making a custom music pack in no way violates any copyright.*

*Unless you don't own the songs and you have the worst luck in the universe and attract the attention of the RIAA.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
One way to find out the names is..

Open killingfloor/maps and open killingfloor/music

Let's take KF_Hunger.ogg as an example.

So look for a songname such as KF_Hunger (without the .ogg extension)
switch to the /maps folder and press F3 to start a search.

Type in KF_Hunger and lookup for that name INSIDE the files.
What it found for me was KF-Marshes.rom.

One map can have multiple songs.

Upvote 0