• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Multiple Servers Doubts / Problem

Running Multiple Servers on same install:

I have used this setup in the past hope this helps-

An easier way is to make a copy of the server.bat.

Rename it for tracking purposes, Add or edit switches -Port=,QueryPort=,WebAdminPort=
(Check the WIKI for exact setting configuration...this is meant as a general outline for optional consideration-EDITED)
WIKI
Command Line Launch Options
You can use several command line launch options to help quickly launch a server. These include url arguments attached to the command line itself (example ...bioticslab?optionhere=x?option2here=x) as well as switches which are included after the main line (example ...bioticslab -switchhere -switch2here)

Run each .bat after setting preferences.
The same installation is used by both servers. Configuration can be done thru Webadmin setting ServerName,Difficulty,etc.

An easier option IMO.
wink.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Both previous posts contain errors, make some effort guy and double check what you write, it will avoid you some troubles, or avoid you giving bad advices.

my run file looks like this,

suicidal
Code:
start .\Binaries\win64\kfserver kf-outpost?difficulty=2?gamelength=2? Port=7777 QueryPort=27015 WebAdminPort=8080 Multihome=192.168.1.3 PREFERREDPROCESSOR=4

hard
Code:
start .\Binaries\win64\kfserver kf-outpost?difficulty=1?gamelength=2? Port=7797 QueryPort=27215 WebAdminPort=8082 Multihome=192.168.1.3 PREFERREDPROCESSOR=4

Your switches are wrong, refer to wiki to know more. http://wiki.tripwireinteractive.com...(Killing_Floor_2)#Command_Line_Launch_Options

You command line should look like this
start .\Binaries\win64\kfserver kf-outpost?difficulty=2?gamelength=2 -Port=7777 -QueryPort=27015 -WebAdminPort=8080 -Multihome=192.168.1.3 -PREFERREDPROCESSOR=4

Also a common mistake people who want to run servers on their home computer do, is to keep the same ports the game uses (the default ones), so do not use 27015, and 7777 ports, thanks, it will avoid port conflict when both game and server will run. Also if you use a too high port from the default one, it will not be seen in the LAN tab of server browser as noticed by a forum member.
//EDIT: Also, if you have mods or maps installed with steam workshop server functionality, do not start Steam before the server, or it will block the mod/map installation/update. Let server download/update, THEN you can start steam.

Add or edit switches-?Port=,QueryPort=,WebAdminPort=
(Check the WIKI for more options)

"-?Port=" is not a working switch a working Port switch looks like this "-Port=" without the double quotes ""
"QueryPort=" and "WebAdminPort=" should be written like this "-QueryPort=" "-WebAdminPort=" without the double quotes "" and with the "-" in front of the switch name, like explained on the wiki.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Both previous posts contain errors, make some effort guy and double check what you write, it will avoid you some troubles, or avoid you giving bad advices.

I stand corrected. TY Romano. Which is I way suggested double checking the WIKI. Let me clarify then, Please check the WIKI for exact configuration and settings of this alternate option.
wink.gif

Upvote 0