• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Multiadmin

mallic

Nov 17, 2009
Hey guys,

I am trying to set up multiadmin with the web panel. For some reason the default administrator account is wiped out and I am unable to log into the website with multiadmin enabled. I also tried adding a seperate username/pw as the wiki instructs and it didn't work. Kept getting invalid credentials.

How I got it working was to do this.

Do the sets in the wiki but NOT mod the multiadmin file. Start the server and log into the web admin. Username will be 'Admin' and the pass will be the previous password. From there you can can people. I couldn't get it to work when putting in the names and passes words as plain text, I think they're hashed so.

Upvote 0
How I got it working was to do this.

Do the sets in the wiki but NOT mod the multiadmin file. Start the server and log into the web admin. Username will be 'Admin' and the pass will be the previous password. From there you can can people. I couldn't get it to work when putting in the names and passes words as plain text, I think they're hashed so.

You can add via web panel under administrators. But not much use for ingame since you can't log in yet as another admin, only main. They will have to log into panel as well but the restrictions do work if you set it.

Upvote 0
You can add via web panel under administrators. But not much use for ingame since you can't log in yet as another admin, only main. They will have to log into panel as well but the restrictions do work if you set it.

Yeah, sort of defeats the purpose.

You can't use the configdir flag and then symlink the MultiAdmin ini files together and share one common because it likes to wipe it and then create its own. Thank goodness for backups.

Upvote 0
I noticed this morning that, apparently, after yesterdays client and server side update, our MultiAdmin functionality was gone.

Checked the files over at our servers host and sure enough, the entry to enable MultiAdmin in the KFWebAdmin.ini had been deleted.

Re-entered required entry and MultiAdmin functionality was back.
I hope this doesn't occur every time there is an update! :mad:

Upvote 0