• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mouse Scroll Problem

Stroker_Ace

Mar 31, 2006
I have an IBM Scrollpoint mouse. It doesn't have a "wheel" per se but rather it has a luttle "nub" or scrollpoint that you push up or down (like in the middle of keyboards on some laptops). In everyother application and game it functions just as a more conventional wheel does. However RO doesn't recognize it. Couldn't switch weapons with it so I went into the Controls/binds section and verified that it wasn't being recongized as I tried to map the scrollpoint to change weapon (or anything for that matter). Now this isn't the real issue since I can just use the number keys to change weapons. The problem is in vehicles I cannot change the view (the manual states that to open and close hatches use you mouse wheel). I looked for a way to bind this function to another key but could not find it. I'm open to suggestions. Thanks in advance for giving my issue some thought.

Thanks. I gave it some thought after posting and mapped the next/previous weapon to the up and down arrows, and it does work. I hate when the solution to an issue is so obvious that you overlook it. Thanks for the reply, funny that we both came up with nearly the identical solution independently. Too bad though that my mouse isn't fully supported. See you on the field.

Upvote 0