• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Most Accurate Review So Far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pretty much disagree with him.

recon planes, mini-maps, radar, automatic reloading, leveling, and skill grinding.

- The recon plane, it shows where enemies were seen, but it doesnt mean they will be there, its best to predict where people are moving than omg BC2 spotting.

- Mini-maps: just play on realistic.

- Automatic reloading: Esc, Settings.

- Leveling/Skill grinding: some like, some don't, i am personally not liking it because the unlocks are not chooseable, when you unlock something its always activated. The stat boost idk yet the extent your character improves so i will pass judgement for now.

As for the canned chatter: I like it, of course a 3D VOIP would be nifty and is in the works.

The unintended side effect of canned voices is that players are left unable to communicate effectively about the battlefield.

What the hell, sure there are problems in the interface (no colors for teams and squads), how it detracts people for communicating is beyond me so someone please explain.

That the game lacks any real historical context is another glaring fault that will affect it's long term chances. The maps start and stop with no contextual background, no information on the units fighting, where they are, or why they are there.

Clearly he didn't even fired up the Single Player.

TWI should have focused on features that would make the game dynamic for years to come: flamethrowers, spreading and persistent fire, in-game hero effects, player placed MG positions

Flamethrowers, it would be sweet indeed but spreading persistent fire, i don't think so technically.

In game hero effects such as?

Player placed MG positions, i agree but not placeable anywhere.

Reactions: I. Kant
Upvote 0
Quote:
TWI should have focused on features that would make the game dynamic for years to come: flamethrowers, spreading and persistent fire, in-game hero effects, player placed MG positions

Flamethrowers, it would be sweet indeed but spreading persistent fire, i don't think so technically.

In game hero effects such as?

Player placed MG positions, i agree but not placeable anywhere.

The reviewer clearly didn't learn his history as flamethrowers were not used during the battle of Stalingrad

and if he had done his research flamethrowers will be in the Rising Storm Mod/Expansion.

Upvote 0
Well, depends on how deeply you want to delve into "realism."

Most people clot when bleeding from minor wounds. The only "minor" kind of gunshot wound is a grazing shot, which is rare. Those don't need bandaging.

Just about any other would, no matter where you get it, it has the potential to cause you to bleed out. ESPECIALLY when you're sprinting across a battlefield, tearing ripped flesh open even more and preventing clotting.

If you've got an actual gunshot would, bandaging will keep you alive. But if a bullet would has larger than a finger-sized exit wound.....you're pretty much dead without medical treatment. A bandage is just prolonging the inevitable so you can get treatment. And by treatment I mean surgery to close the wound, not more bandages.

Now...if you're shot in the leg with a small caliber and it doesn't hit an artery....chances are you wouldn't bleed out from that unless a) you're making the wound worse (which players would be guaranteed to do) and b) the wound never clots and continues to bleed.

So where does this leave game balance? Bandaging just doesn't take enough time, period. The effect from wounds to vital parts (like LEGS for SPRINTING) is not high enough. Way too many wounds cause bleeding that will end you in 8 seconds, but can be fixed in two. IMO more shots should be fatal, period. Whether that's the slow kind of fatal, or the REALLY slow kind of fatal, it doesn't matter. Bleeding out should take longer than it does for wounds but it should maybe even get WORSE over time.

I agree.

My issue is how the game contradicts itself:

1. You bleed out so quickly it's as though the bullet has hit a vital organ or a major artery

2. You bandage it up in about 2 sec, which indicates it was a non critical wound.

Those 2 things contradict one another and it kinda of annoys me. I feel as though they need to increase the bandaging time, so it feels like your guy actually got out the bandage and wrapped it around the wound.

I dont like the system as it is. Get shot. Instantly hit prone. bandage. pop up. cap the guy.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.