• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mosin Nagant Bayonet

K.Johansen said:
yeah the ro bayonet doesnt do it justice

Yea, the bayonet is about 1/3 the length of the rifle...

Or at least mine is:

me9130.jpg

Upvote 0
My 91/30 with the bayonet on is about 1 inch shorter than me lol.

I've never come across a Nagant bayonet that wasn't an absolute ***** to get on, my tips are;

- Get some good solvent and clean out the spring cavity under the 'button', it is usually brimming with cosmoline, grease and 60 year old dirt. Soaking is a good idea, I cleaned mine by submerging the end in solvent and with a glove on the other hand pressing the button in and out repeatedly, then left it for a while and repeated, huge chunks of crud come out of it, I oiled it a little afterwards.

- If you aren't adverse to a little modification, take a piece of dowel and some fine grit sand paper. Wrap the sand paper around the dowel, place it in the eyelet of the bayonet (ie. the part that goes over the barrel) and carefully work it around as evenly as possible. Do a little bit and then try the bayonet, eventually you'll get it to both go on easily and mate solidly. Remember hereafter to periodically oil this area because you have taken off the finish and made it more vulnerable to rust. Or if you want you can go a little further and then blue the inside of it :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hah, velcrowarrior, thats a pretty nice pilotka. I'm currently looking for one with a red cap star. And I don't want to do any permenant modifications to the rifle, as I feel its important to preserve the history of the gun. If its hard to put on the bayonet, let it be hard to do so, if theres a nick on it, I guess Ivan or Pavlov accidently banged it climbing out of a tank hatch.

Upvote 0