• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Morrowind plugins

Skew

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 11, 2006
Denmark
Can anyone recommend some essential game play and graphical plugins for Morrowind (+ Tribunal and Bloodmoon) that don't conflict with each other?:)

I played Morrowind some 4 years ago or so, on the Xbox, but haven't had the chance since then, as my Xbox failed not so long after I completed the game.

So now I'm looking forward to playing through the game again, but I'd like not to repeat just the entire game, but to experience some of the custom made features as well. I've looked through various websites, but it all seems so very confusing which plugins are best, so I hope someone here can recommend something for me.

Last edited:
Hey every now and again i reinstall it, one of my favourite games ever, wasted way to much of my time playing it when it first came out. I tend to use mods that don't directly change MW in anyway and just improve or add to it.

For texture mods have a look here, these are probably the best packs that change most textures in game, im using the Visual Packs
2.11 + 2.2 + XT as it stays closest to the MW defaults.

For Higher res armour/creatures/weapons have a look at Darknuts mods as they probably are the most complete and best.

I'm also using MGE, it adds the ability to use more modern graphical magic, such as allowing infinite view distance, AA & AF, SM 3.0 reflective water. even HDR and more . Be warned though it is a bit fiddly to use, and i only really use it to allow widescreen resolution, AA & AF and to boost the view distance a wee bit but still keep the fog, because a: it still 'looks' like MW and b: it doesn't really effect performance.

Apart from these graphic mods have a look at TELESPHOROS' LIST o'MODS as it covers most good mods that have ever been released. In that list i use the better bodies/heads mods, MW comes alive (adds more NPCs that, kinda, move about to make towns feel alive), real signposts, atmospheric sounds, indybank (adds banks and houses to buy), better book jackets, creatures (add more creatures in the wild and more variety in the vanilla ones.). Another one i use now and again on that list is Necessities of Morrowind, which adds the need for sleeping, eating and drinking which is quite nifty but can get annoying. The quests section on that list though is probably best for you as there are a lot of ones there that add anything from one small quest to a 5hours + adventure, but in the end its a pretty good list, though some of the links are dead but thats nothing a quick google cant solve, and you can pick and choose which ones you like and most of the time it states mods that wont work with each other.

Other ones that i recommend are tamriel rebuilt and silgrad tower that add the mainland of MW to the game and each have a fair number of quests, but make sure you get the TES3 versions not the oblivion ones.

Have fun!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for the lengthy post Mahnsikir! I remember reading about the Tamriel Rebuilt mod last year or so, very glad to see that they're still working on it!
Thanks for the links as well, I've downloaded MGE and I'll try to mess about with it. Those "Morrowind becomes alive" mods are just what I need!:D

Upvote 0