• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mods Vs Custom Content

Jorg Biermann1

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Buckinghamshire, UK
Hey People!

So I'm happy to see all the new mods being announced for RO2. Some of the previews of models and such are very nice. So I'm making this thread to basiclly share my feelings about mods and custom content.

So the mods out there that are placed in WW2 and could easily fit in RO2 are mods like;
- First to fight (Poland mod)
- Revenge of the Turul (Hungarian mod)
- Carpathian Crosses (Romanian mod)(Not sure if this has been announced for RO2)

Basically I always thought it would be better if mods like this were just custom content added to RO2 instead of being completly serperate mods. Take Darkest Hour for example, A mod in this style sort of splits up the community and instead of all playing the same game, some are playing DH and some RO. If mods like these were directly added to RO2 then you could play a Stalingrad map but then swtich to a poland map? So basically the mapper gets to decide what content is in the map. Also people basically download while joining the server or changing map.

I hope you guys know what I'm talking about it's kinda hard to explain on text.

Last edited:
Reactions: [fll.fi] Tuomainen
If you mean that anything to do with WW2 that doesn't really change the overall gameplay much (if at all) should just be put straight to RO2, I think that'd be a great idea!

However, mods that are completely seperate like the Vietnam mod and the 40k mod should be split apart from the core game, like MN and DH were.

Upvote 0
If you mean that anything to do with WW2 that doesn't really change the overall gameplay much (if at all) should just be put straight to RO2, I think that'd be a great idea!

However, mods that are completely seperate like the Vietnam mod and the 40k mod should be split apart from the core game, like MN and DH were.

Yes thats exactly what I mean. If mods were just added on to RO2 then the community doesn't split up like it did with RO and DH.

Reactions: Matkailija
Upvote 0