• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Modified kill scores for specimens

Modified kill scores for specimens

• Total voters

Krieg Jaeger

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 21, 2009
First of all, I'd like to say that while it is fun to top the kill board, having people compete and be reckless in order to attempt to do so is never helpful. With that aside, I'd like to see a more fair representation in score.

If people can manage to be constructive in their rivalries and competition, all more the better. To this extent, I think it would be nice if they could modify the "kill number" to a "kill score". Rather than everyone trying to wipe out clots to raise their score, more difficult specimens would grant higher score per kill.
While this isn't so much a problem with organized groups, I think it would add an interesting way to show which teammate is really contributing more.

For instance:

Clot1

Crawler 1.5

Stalker 2

Gorefeast 3

bloat 3

siren 4

Scrake 8

fleshpound 10

Points will be divided in the event of an assist, with the exception of enemies that are below 10% HP.

That aught to be a fairly accurate representation, if a fairly modest one. What do you guys think?

Amendment1:
The score board would also track: accuracy (percentage), Favorite perk, Favorite weapon, healing done (to self and to others separate), money earned, money given away, assists, most hated enemy type, damage to the patriarch.

Last edited:
Good idea, but no point in this suggestion if you just get "Kill Stealed".

If anything, an assist system would be alot better - either you gain and assist point, or gain the kill for doing the most damage to the monster. An assist system might even make players be more cooperative, rather than them competing for the most kills, or points in your suggestion.

Upvote 0
I really don't care. This is a co-op game and I don't watch scores very much because of it.

In addition, harder the specimen, more players are needed. Bringing down a fleshpound needs teamwork and only one gets a load of scores - what does that serve?

On the other hand, if you are berserker it is rather easy to kill any specimen but a siren (even that is not a problem usually). Scrakes are easier than gorefasts and even fleshpound is not too hard if there are not many with it. Sharpshooter can kill sirens easily and scrakes. Now what specimen does deserve more score than another, really?

Upvote 0
I would like to see a more competitive oriented scoreboard based on a "kill score" with end game stats like who did the most damage to the Patriarch, who had better accuracy, who had the most headshots etc.

I am totally against the "no scoreboard" idea, even if this is a co-op game. It would destroy any sense of completion and would be bland.

Upvote 0
No scoreboard. If you want a sense of completion or accomplishment, pay attention to the zeds you are killing and the teammates you're saving.

If this community becomes saturated with egocentric players like the CounterStrike community or the TF2 community, I quit.

I don't mean to demand that everyone be a perfect team player, and I don't even care that everyone play as a team, but I know that a game is severely worse off when players begin to judge how good their own experience has been by their place on the scoreboard.

-Joker

Upvote 0
No scoreboard. If you want a sense of completion or accomplishment, pay attention to the zeds you are killing and the teammates you're saving.
I already pay attention to everything and I believe I'm a good player, I just want everyone else on the server to see it at the end of a map. That doesn't mean I'll always be #1 - If a player surpasses me, I'll respect him / her and I'll try to do better next time I play with him on the same server. I'd probably add him to my friends list as well so we can have non-noobs games on Suicidal etc.

Another feature that should be added to the scoreboard: "Death numbers" and "Shared money" - This would allow us to see the players who keep dying, the players who share their money etc.

Upvote 0
I also vote for "neither". I prefer no counts at all. As said, its co-op game. There should be no counts to count "who is best" or whatever. Even a "money count" would be better. I just don't like kill counts in this kind of co-op games, makes people want to get all the kills.
I use my scoreboard to check my ping :D

I don't care about points but general stats are always good at the end of a game to see just what happened in retrospect.

Upvote 0
I also vote for "neither". I prefer no counts at all. As said, its co-op game.

Yes, and should stay co-op. Survival is reward enough. :)

There should be no counts to count "who is best" or whatever. Even a "money count" would be better.

I was in a game with some kid constantly begging for money, even mid-wave. And the wors tthing was, people gave it to him. Money count is a "I can b*tch and moan and annoy people better than others!" graph. :D

I just don't like kill counts in this kind of co-op games, makes people want to get all the kills.

I agree. However, it shows pretty well if there are players who are just slacking while everyone else does all the work. Of course, the game doesn't seem to reward supportive gameplay at all I think the game should award points for doors welded and points healed, and weapons/money given to other people. I usually give my second 9mm or my extra handcannon away to people who have recently joined if I happen to pick some up, as long as I can ensure I have enough ammunition to see me trough next wave. I usually also give away almost all leftover cash I have after gearing up.

Upvote 0
The Scoreboard should count up your money, like it does in the 'Game Info' scores, not just your kills. That way you can see who is hoarding money when others need it.

Yes. Sometimes I check my team mates' money just to be sure they are not being greedy or griefing the game that way, and like 90% of the time, unfortunately, I am right. Guy X says he has no money, he gave every pound or used everything, then I check his money from server info and be surprised how he has 5k cash. Annoys the sh*t outta me.. It's supposed to be a co-op game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes. Sometimes I check my team mates' money just to be sure they are not being greedy or griefing the game that way, and like 90% of the time, unfortunately, I am right. Guy X says he has no money, he gave every pound or used everything, then I check his money from server info and be surprised how he has 5k cash. Annoys the sh*t outta me.. It's supposed to be a co-op game.

Bingo. Plus it really helps to know that when 2 people are asking for money, one is dead-broke...but the other has $700+ and is just trying to bum money for a Katana or AK...

Upvote 0