• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Modern Warfare Mod?

Modern warfare? That would be nice. Something like Insurgency, but with a higher emphasis on realism.

Some interesting theatres of combat that haven't been done for an FPS would be:

Russian-Chechen Wars
Iran-Iraq War
Desert Storm
One of Israel's wars
Russia-Georgia war

Or, it could be US Army and/or USMC in Iraq and/or Afghanistan.

Have anymore info about your mod you want to share with us Yoshiro? :D

Though, I really want to see a Vietnam War game like RO.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Modern warfare? That would be nice. Something like Insurgency, but with a higher emphasis on realism.

Some interesting theatres of combat that haven't been done for an FPS would be:

Russian-Chechen Wars
Iran-Iraq War
Desert Storm
One of Israel's wars
Russia-Georgia war

Or, it could be US Army and/or USMC in Iraq and/or Afghanistan.

Have anymore info about your mod you want to share with us Yoshiro? :D

Though, I really want to see a Vietnam War game like RO.

Those are the ones that would interest me the most... hmm...

Go play COD4:MW or BF2

Oh shut up. They're both very different than RO and you know it.

Upvote 0
Go play COD4:MW or BF2
ew no thank you. i think the style that ro brings is very different from that of most shooters...
there isnt a modern warfare shooter out there (That im aware of)that focusses on realism the same extent that RO focuses on realism in its WWII Setting. if only AA3 wasnt so shallow and ****ty and glitchy and laggy and propagandistic and under developed and under staffed and-- you get the point :p ArmA i thought put too much into complicated controles and not enough into weapon realism.

Upvote 0
Ah, nice to hear Yoshi. You'll have the modern warfare side of things covered, while TW keeps focusing on the eastern front of WWII...cough

[/blatant_attempt_to_push_RO3+4+5+...]
I'd like to see a steady push for integrating the rest of WW2 in Europe.

Heck, it'd be amazing to play as a German soldier, who gets slowly pushed back into Berlin, and where everyone makes their last stand.

Important to attract players with shiny, incredibly detailed weapons and animations, the best sounds evar, and also lots of 7.62/5.56 NATO goodness. Throw in some SF "Choose and customize yur weapon" infantry maps and some plain jane combined arms maps. Everyone jumps into an IFV, gets to an OBJ, completes it, moves on.

Last edited:
Upvote 0