• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Minute aiming corrections at long range

I am glad you started this thread.

I posted a topic in the support forum, as I questioned the default mouse sensitivity value. I am trying to find an answer as to whether the default value offers no increase in sensitivity over the Windows value of 6 notches so no interpolation is used.

By the sounds of it it wont make much difference as the game skips 5 pixels no matter what sensitivity is used.

Yes, it's a coding issue, but one that for sure is solveable, as long as TWI pays attention and does something about it.

Upvote 0
Note: fixing this would mean you can move your mouse in such a way that your scope images moves, but your normal screen does not move. That isn't an issue though.

Yes, but it will barely be noticable, and it can be significantly reduced as even with no zoom at all you can still notice a fair deal of pixel skipping atm.

Anyway, I've put up a thread on the issue in the bug report subforum in the hope that the devs at the very least check there.

Upvote 0
Ragarding this issue, I have only noticed this with the 6x k98k. With the 6x SVT the issue isin't there. Sounds weird I know, but that's how it is to me. Could be I don't notice it because of the different scope reticles. But it's much eaiser to hit with the SVT for some reason.

It's noticable with every weapon ingame as far as I'm concerned, from iron sights to 3.5x, 4x & 6x zoom scopes.

Upvote 0
I personally experimented nothing about this.
In fact it's quite the contrary, I play with a perfect sensitivity for the sniper but which is just a bit too high for the normal rifle. :D

But maybe TWI does not understand the problem, you should make a video to explain yourself better with examples.

Best improvement for me should be to be able to set mouse sensitivity separatly for each weapon. ;)

Upvote 0
ocd_4.jpg

Upvote 0