• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

MG 34 with 250 belt

Holy ****, the MG34 gets a 250 rounds belt? I thought the 75 rounds drums were super awesome already. Got 50 kills with the MG on Pavlov's House just yesterday. Imagine what you could do with 250 rounds...
Why is that the Russian MG is total crap in comparison? Good thing you can unlock enemy loadout because otherwise it would be really unfair.

Upvote 0
Holy ****, the MG34 gets a 250 rounds belt? I thought the 75 rounds drums were super awesome already. Got 50 kills with the MG on Pavlov's House just yesterday. Imagine what you could do with 250 rounds...
Why is that the Russian MG is total crap in comparison? Good thing you can unlock enemy loadout because otherwise it would be really unfair.

Yeah when the game matures with functional stats, I bet all MGers will take the MG34. There is simply no comparison.

It's not that DP28 is terrible... but it just can't compete with how awesome MG34 is. Although I noticed something curious today. I think DP28 have more room for you to turn in windows. Not sure if that's just one window by the Apartment Allies spawn, but DP28 needs something going for it :(

Upvote 0
I think DP28 have more room for you to turn in windows. Not sure if that's just one window by the Apartment Allies spawn, but DP28 needs something going for it :(

No, it's just the one window you described. Doesn't work anywhere else as far as I know.
I didn't notice the DP28 having any advantage over the MG34 whatsoever. It isn't any more accurate and hasn't any less recoil. So, you're probably right, every machine gunner will be using MG34s in a few weeks.

Upvote 0
rambo-game-xbox-360.jpg

Upvote 0
Thats what I meant :)

Also, just looked into it, they did make a conversion for the DP-28 to be belt fed, the RP-46, shame(as the name suggests) it wasn't manufactured untill 1946 :(

It wouldnt even need a ammo upgrade just give it a mg 34 bipod which russians really did during the war as the dps bipod is crap and make it fire with very less recoil after that and it will be competing again one with low recoil and low ammo and one with large ammocount but more recoil

Upvote 0
No upgrade at all for DP28

then the MG34 shouldnt recieve any upgrade at all, it is bullocks to give all the upgrades to the german weapons

For example, the MP40 double mag? what USE do you have on taking a PPSH?
Besides, there is an upgrade for the DP, called the DT, heavier barrel, salvaged from tanks and used alot, 60 round pan magazine. but with the last 2 patches, it seems TWI is more intrested in keeping the german team superior

Besides, in the LMG role, belts where not often used on the MG34, because they scooped up dirt and could jam the entire MG. This was of a less concern on a static support role.

Reactions: mungokang
Upvote 0
then the MG34 shouldnt recieve any upgrade at all, it is bullocks to give all the upgrades to the german weapons

For example, the MP40 double mag? what USE do you have on taking a PPSH?
Besides, there is an upgrade for the DP, called the DT, heavier barrel, salvaged from tanks and used alot, 60 round pan magazine. but with the last 2 patches, it seems TWI is more intrested in keeping the german team superior

Besides, in the LMG role, belts where not often used on the MG34, because they scooped up dirt and could jam the entire MG. This was of a less concern on a static support role.

Maybe it gets a DPM upgrade with more solid construction and proper ergonomics. That would certainly help!

Upvote 0
When every sovjet assault soldier is using the 71 round drum for the PPSh41 the crying will go the other way around: "AARRRRRHHHGG the PPSh41 is OP!!! - we need more unlocks and upgrades to our weak german weapons..."

The MG 34 was a better weapon than the DP series so it is only realistic and reasonable that it should be better in game too - having 100+ round belts will adjust the role of the MG34 in the way of longer range support and suppression due to longer 'staying power' than the 50 round belt gives us now. Anyone using it for hipshooting assault will still not be as effective as a RKKA assault trooper with his trusty 71 round PPSh41.

Upvote 0