• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Merc Report: Un-Medic Like Conduct & Too Many Bounces on the Field

Mercs,

It is time to learn about how we are keeping your arsenal topped off with the latest new acquisitions and inventions from the (slightly mad) Horzine Research Group. As is often the case, we can’t comment on the original intent of some of these inventions, but let's just say they’ve been found to have repurposed use out in the field of zed slaying.

HRG Ballistic Bouncer
hrgballisticbouncer.png

Introducing the HRG Ballistic Bouncer, the latest weapon from the Horzine Research Group for Support. The group has come up with a new substance that is incredibly dense and has the ability to bounce off hard surfaces. They’ve modified the Mine Reconstructor and are turning super bouncy balls into a bloodsport to wield against the zeds.

Charge up your shot to increase the velocity with which the substance is shot, increasing the number of bounces it’s capable of. This weapon is made to shine in tight spaces. Bludgeoning and stumbling everything, you’ll feel like a dodgeball bully. Unsportsmanlike behavior is encouraged and will likely lead to victory against any opposing team.

HRG Medic Missile
hrgmedicmissle.png

Medic’s we know yours is a never ending and demanding job. So how about healing rockets for high spike AOE healing delivered by a rocket launcher? Scientists here have combined their knack of destruction with the capability to heal.

Simply locate a cluster of fellow mercenaries in need of health and hope, load one of our new missiles containing the Horzine patented healing compound, take aim at the injured, and fire! Viola! You have now delivered a high amount of healing to your new grateful “friends”. And that’s not all it does. You guessed it, that same healing compound will damage and poison any pesky zeds that threaten the group. Equipped with the new HRG Medic Missile, medics will continue to be the heroes we all need.

Next week we’ll have additional arsenal improvements to share, as we dive into the most recent acquisitions being sent into the field alongside you this winter.

I work for Tripwire and run this stuff.
View all 255 featured items
Okay, i guess ballistic bouncer is inspired by gel dispenser. Will it knockdown zeds? Considering his skills, most likely no, but I would like that, actually it would work even better for support... what tight choke will do with this weapon?..
And medic missile is seemingly a throwback to old "Paresis" idea that has been divided into locust
But i don't know... is medic missile a tier 5 weapon? Because what's the point in buying hmtech 501 rifle or other simmilar weapons if this thing will heal probably more health and also damage zeds more? Does medic missile have something unique going on with it's backblast?

Liking the weapons, can't wait to see additional arsenal improvements..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
... I really don't know what to say anymore. Or more accurately: how to say it.

We've already been expressing how much the latest additions have represented everything that's wrong with the current state of the game. And it honestly looks like you're purposely trolling with us by that point. Or that you jumped the shark, and threw the kitchen sink at him while you were at it.

I don't know who's the lucky perk who's gonna get the Ballistic Bouncer, but I already hate it. Lobbing bouncy globs all around the map will surely be a sight for sore eyes, I can already tell. But at that point, would any of us be truly surprised? I'd like to say no. Alas, at least it will remind me of the Drop Shot weapon from Metal Slug.

As for the Medic Missile... I'm sure someone is mad proud of having thought of the most bonkers addition possible to the medic class. And I say bravo : we were throwing that idea around as the ultimate last straw. The very last thing that would make the medic the craziest mofo in town. And you did it. You actually did it. I guess that's somewhat of a genius move. We already got the medic sniper, the medic mine-launcher, the medic club... If it wouldn't end up so similar to the healthrower, I'd expect the medic fire thrower in the next update. That's Spaceballs levels of humor really.

But I can pinpoint two problems from the get-go actually : would a rocket be that different from lobbing a grenade in the middle of a crowd? I'm not sure. Unless you heal a stupidly massive amount of HP at once, I don't know if it's gonna be worth spending anywhere from 1100 to 2000D for that weapon when you could pay 200 max to stock up on grenades. On the other hand, I can already smell that the rocket launcher will be tremendously powerful against zeds. And that's something the medic certainly doesn't need. It's already more than powerful enough.

And so the other problem : why the medic? AGAIN? I'm honestly suspecting Saber to be full of medic mains at that point. The amount of love the perk received those last two years is insane. Disgusting even. And don't get me wrong : I concur that coming up with something new for ANY perk is a difficult task by now. But surely the medic got enough for a lifetime by now, don't you think?

I'm waiting for next week with apprehension, but at least it should be entertaining I think.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What? An HRG weapon that was modelled after a paid DLC Weapon? That's a first. Before, it was modelled after an existing free weapon but I guess they're running out of that. I understood that a paid weapon gives you not just the weapon itself but also the new look and animations of an entirely brand new weapon to enjoy but with this new precedent, does that mean everyone else gets access to that (in time) through an HRG variant now.

Well, whatever...

Upvote 0
What? An HRG weapon that was modelled after a paid DLC Weapon? That's a first. Before, it was modelled after an existing free weapon but I guess they're running out of that. I understood that a paid weapon gives you not just the weapon itself but also the new look and animations of an entirely brand new weapon to enjoy but with this new precedent, does that mean everyone else gets access to that (in time) through an HRG variant now.

Well, whatever...
I don't really see the issue TBH. It still looks kinda tacky with the trademark chrome and neon blue color palette, compared to the proper model the DLC weapon has. And its behavior is quite different, like with most HRG offerings.

I doubt anyone paid the Season Pass for the looks of the guns alone.

Upvote 0
I don't really see the issue TBH. It still looks kinda tacky with the trademark chrome and neon blue color palette, compared to the proper model the DLC weapon has. And its behavior is quite different, like with most HRG offerings.

I doubt anyone paid the Season Pass for the looks of the guns alone.

It's not an issue to me either. I don't really care and I have all the season passes. All I meant was, Tripwire didn't use a single DLC weapon model for an HRG one until now so IMO, Tripwire was trying to keep those animation/model as exclusive to the paying crowd as long as they can until now.

Which means we can expect more DLC weapon models to be used as HRG in the future. Just pointing out an observation.

That is...if KF2 is still going to be updated in 2023.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0