• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Merc Report - A Rigged Situation

Hello Mercs,

Are you wondering where to spend your summer vacation? Well wonder no more because the fine folks at Horzine are sending you to a location we are simply referring to as the “Rig.”

rig2.png

Off the coast of Scotland in the East Shetland Basin of the North Sea, we’ve located a secret research lab hidden away in an oil drilling rig. We can only imagine what horrors the Patriarch and his cohorts have been up to here in this remote location.

rig3.jpg

We are sending in our top mercs, that’s you, to investigate and rid the location of any of these aggressive specimens you come in contact with. From our preliminary findings, we have determined the rig to be structurally safe … enough, with the usual collateral damage expected to be within the acceptable range. HSE compliant, maybe not so much so bring protective headgear.

rig1.png

Work your way through multiple floors, with caution. There are plenty of ways to drop down to lower depths in an emergency, but be sure to have a plan for retreat. Once you reach the bottom level fighting your way back up may not be as easy! Watch your step down there, we don’t want mercs overboard, but feel free to send the zeds into the deep blue icy waters.

Research and Development are hard at work on some new weapons to take with you on your summer mission. We’ll have that report in your hands next week.

Rig is the latest Official Community Map joining the game, created by community level designers Tristalin and All Knowing Horse.

rain, cold, darkness, blood, bosses and zeds but what a good day!, a question in this update will there be cosmetics? (that is, using tickets) I don't know if it's my bad luck or it's been a long time since I used tickets to see new cosmetics, for example in the "Day of Zed" event I didn't choose any cosmetic except that later I realized that it was on the market like package.

Upvote 0
Oh my god yeees ! I'm a bit bummed to see yet another "laboratory gone wrong" area, but that rainy shipyard looks absolutely delicious. That's a much welcomed change at the very least. It also reminds me of "Icebreaker" from KF1, one of the most unique map of the game.

No for real, it's been a good two years without bangers for me, but I'm really hyped about that one. Although I never played it as a custom map, so maybe I'm mistaken.

Reactions: utek
Upvote 0
Surely you thought this pointless question, kill floor 2 in 2022? The validity of a game is not governed by how many years have passed.
No, but it's reasonable to think that a game will gradually lose players over time. And not just because updates stop being made, or because the game is bad. But simply because people grow tired of something after a while. Or they find new games to sink their time into. I didn't play KF2 for more than a year, and only recently came back both to test the season pass I bought and because I got a brand new computer. I'll probably enjoy it a little more in the weeks to come, but I can't see myself obsessed about the game like in 2015 onwards.

Also also, it's reasonable to think that a game that stopped development might be dead. It's not always the case, a lot of older games are still beloved by many (Doom, Team Fortress 2, Terraria to name a few), and it goes even deeper with modding ! But nonetheless, a game that doesn't receive updates anymore is a game that won't evolve anymore. So it's also natural that you might feel like you've "seen it all" after a while.

All this being said, we can just be happy that we proved OP that he thought wrong, and people are still playing !

Upvote 0
No, but it's reasonable to think that a game will gradually lose players over time. And not just because updates stop being made, or because the game is bad. But simply because people grow tired of something after a while. Or they find new games to sink their time into. I didn't play KF2 for more than a year, and only recently came back both to test the season pass I bought and because I got a brand new computer. I'll probably enjoy it a little more in the weeks to come, but I can't see myself obsessed about the game like in 2015 onwards.

Also also, it's reasonable to think that a game that stopped development might be dead. It's not always the case, a lot of older games are still beloved by many (Doom, Team Fortress 2, Terraria to name a few), and it goes even deeper with modding ! But nonetheless, a game that doesn't receive updates anymore is a game that won't evolve anymore. So it's also natural that you might feel like you've "seen it all" after a while.

All this being said, we can just be happy that we proved OP that he thought wrong, and people are still playing !
I understand your explanation, but for each game there is a target (target audience) it is like metal music, an example suppose that 17% of the world population is a fan, but for lovers of gore, fps, science, they coincide ( the more matches the more you can get hooked on something specific, like the game) or try the game or like it, what I'm going for is that a "fan" public will always remain at a certain number, it may increase (new followers) or decrease ( x reasons) but that figure will remain, I think I got confused lol

Upvote 0
I understand your explanation, but for each game there is a target (target audience) it is like metal music, an example suppose that 17% of the world population is a fan, but for lovers of gore, fps, science, they coincide ( the more matches the more you can get hooked on something specific, like the game) or try the game or like it, what I'm going for is that a "fan" public will always remain at a certain number, it may increase (new followers) or decrease ( x reasons) but that figure will remain, I think I got confused lol
Yes, but Killing Floor 2 isn't alone in that demographic either. One could wish for more gore games and turn to Mortal Kombat. Others might wish for more zombie games or shooter games. Now if you wish for ALL THREE, the choices are much slimmer, I concur. But you might turn to Back 4 Blood for example. And it's fairly rare for gamers to be focused on something so specific : not everyone plays everything of course, but I suppose people who like Killing Floor 2 might like other FPS's too. So it's only natural to get involved in other things as well.

You did mention metal, and that's a genre I know very well as I write for a music magazine dedicated to it. But even that, that's a very very diversified genre. Even if, let's say, you only listen to death metal or doom... There are plenty of fishes in the sea ! You don't really get hooked on a single band. Just like I suppose people don't usually play Killing Floor 2 and nothing else !

It's also normal that it fluctuates. Maybe you're gonna find another game to get hooked on. Maybe you'll come back with each update, to enjoy the new content. Or maybe, like I did, you'll simply grow tired of the game and take a break, only to come back later. I haven't played KF1 in years, but I'm sure I will again at some point if I find cool people to play with. It's only natural really.

Reactions: AK12
Upvote 0