• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Medic Weapon: Colt 9mm (Or AUG Para)

Instead of looking at the model of the weapon (which the idea can be changed to look at others anyways easily), critique the weapon's function. It's kinda hard for someone to get an idea of what is right or wrong in their idea in terms of balance and such if the only part of the idea that is focused on is the least important part.

But what's the point when the opinions on that particularity have already been given?

Upvote 0
Well, in all honesty concerning the use of an AR-15-based gun, it's because a lot of the alternatives look a lot like the weapons already in the game. The Uzi looks too much like the Mac-10, and the AUG and AR-15 look different enough from the Bullpup and SCAR to keep people from getting the two mixed up (even though coloration does come into play), and I don't want to suggest a HK weapon such as the UMP-9 because we already have the MP7, an HK weapon.

And the thing about using the weapon to balance statistics is because stock vs. no stock effects recoil and thus accuracy. And I'm trying to make a gun that's different enough from the MP7 to actually have a place in-game, but without making it too similar to a Commando weapon or the Mac-10. The Colt 9mm was taking the ever suggested AR-15, and making a half-jab, half-"Here's how it'd work" at it. Thus why I suggested the AUG Para alongside it: if people rejected the AR-15 based appearance, I could simply swap "Colt 9mm" for "AUG Para" without majorly changing the base idea.

With that thought, perhaps the Sterling SMG would work best. It's even a British weapon, and looks different enough from everything else in the game to not get mixed up with anything else!

Also, going on World.Guns.RU is a heck of a whole lot safer when you're running NoScript.

Upvote 0
I'd say that if you want this weapon to primarily be considered as a supplement to the Medic's MP7M, you need something that:

a.) Is more effective than the MP7M in terms of damage-per-shot.

-and-

b.) Weighs less than the less costly, off-perk weapons a Medic might currently use. (At least early in the game.) In other words, weigh less than the 6-block LAR, Bullpup or 8-block pump shotgun.

It could be argued, I feel quite successfully, that the 4-block MAC-10 and/or dual HC choices fill this niche. Some might also advance the notion that if you provide a weapon that is clearly more effective than the MP7M, the Medic's primary role could be threatened. Methinks that depends on the individual, not the available weaponry.

If you accept these parameters, and, of course, no one is under any obligation to do so, I'd also say that you have a fairly daunting task ahead of you. It should be a weapon that brings something to the party unique, and apart from, the MAC-10 and HC, and weighs no more than 5 blocks, at the very most. And, should be relatively inexpensive to buy and feed, too.

I'm struggling to think of something that would fit within this criteria. Off the top of my head, the only thing I can conjure up is the M1A1 .30 Carbine, the paratrooper variant with the folding stock. This is a plausible 5-block weapon, semi-automatic, with a decent sight-picture. It would be inexpensive, have a damage-per-shot of about 42-ish, good accuracy and LOW recoil.

Note that I'm *not* advocating this weapon, but simply trying to approach RedShocktrooper's belief that there is a need for additional Medic weaponry by defining a requirement first, and then seeking a possible answer. While I see no harm, and certainly some enjoyment, in brainstorming, (especially in the "Ideas and Suggestions" Forum), I have no real expectation this will lead to anything. Would that it were so...

Upvote 0
Spoiler!

I like it, but the downside is that it would have the same ****ty aperture sights that plague the m14ebr. Also some sharpshooters might not like the idea of the medic moving in on their turf.

Upvote 0
9mm rifles are just plain retarded. The only good 9mm rifle is the AS VAL, but it's masterpiece and packs a punch even tough it uses a 9mm RIFLE round.
Same goes for 5.56 NATO rifles.
And no, no AR's pls.

The Medic is not a combat perk for God's sake, deal with it. The Medic's goal is to stay behind the group and heal everybody as soon as they get hit.

Reactions: Lacedaemonius
Upvote 0