• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Medic Shotgun?

Sammers

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 2, 2009
Scotland
Basically, with everyone suggesting these new Medic SMG ideas which are just a stronger MP7, I put forward a crazy idea that might just work.

370_Super-Shorty20.jpg

Pop on a medic attachment; small mag; larger spread. Could be pretty well balanced if you think about it. Would be a neat little addition for the Medic I reckon. Some reasons why it might suck, but.......what do you guys think?

as much as I love the idea of more medic guns, I am not so big on giving weapons from all classes to the medic, with a dart attache to make it seem vaible. The medic rifle mod, in my opinion, is a tad misleading. I mean, lets not go randomly giving the medic weapons; just a thread ago, there was uttering of giving the Bren Gun (a heavy crowd control weapon) to the medic. Shouldn't we be looking for more original and alternative routes to freshen the medic experience?

However, this suggestion nearly got me to let it go without the medigun speech from shear awesomeness, but unfortunately it will not get away that easy until someone mods it into existence as well.:p

Reactions: Lacedaemonius
Upvote 0
I think it could work well; the medic needs a better way of defending himself in close quarters when trying to get to wounded team mates. Having a selection of fairly powerful, wide-spread weapons would be great.

hmm....I didn't look at it that way.
In that light, suddenly the suggestion becomes a lot more reasonable, and it provides a purpose, thereby making my official medigun speech less applicable. In any case, I approve of this, much more than a bigger SMG:D

Upvote 0
Sounds like giving a lion's roar to a kitten. It sounds just like what it is, weak as crap.

But any alternative to the MP7 IMO would be welcome. I enjoy playing medic, but I just hate the MP7 (as a weapon) so much!

It's not really the weak, and it can be quite effective. It's just not very strong.:p

Upvote 0
But isn't it nearly the same as the MP7 anyway, as a low power, wide spread weapon? It's not bad, in concept, but surely there is a more interesting, unique, class-oriented weapon that could be made.

Alright then, fear grenades. They work like regular grenades in that specimens are scared of them, but they last longer and don't explode. Useful for getting to critically wounded team mates while not making the medic a fighter. :)

Reactions: Salad Snake
Upvote 0
Alright then, fear grenades. They work like regular grenades in that specimens are scared of them, but they last longer and don't explode. Useful for getting to critically wounded team mates while not making the medic a fighter. :)

knowing pubs these days, the zerker would run from the nade radius faster than the zeds:p

Upvote 0
Basically, with everyone suggesting these new Medic SMG ideas which are just a stronger MP7, I put forward a crazy idea that might just work.

370_Super-Shorty20.jpg

Pop on a medic attachment; small mag; larger spread. Could be pretty well balanced if you think about it. Would be a neat little addition for the Medic I reckon. Some reasons why it might suck, but.......what do you guys think?

inb4 "shotguns are for support BAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWW RAAAGE"

For real though. This is a great idea Sammers. I personally don't want another smg or a more assault rifle like weapon for a medic. I'd like the class to have a little quirky variety.

I think it fits the "heals only, kill trash when absolutely necessary" support role of the medic. Make it happen Tripwire!

Upvote 0
You should be able to choose between those and healing grenades. A very tactical decision.

But seriously, it wouldn't be that hard, just set out with some objectives like:

1. Medium range, some recoil; to differentiate from other medic weapon, an option for engaging enemies further away but not too far
2. High burst DPS to allow clearing of specs around another player so you can heal
3. Can heal in some fashion, so medic doesn't have to switch once they reach a player

Perhaps the SA80 with iron-sights and a needle bayonet. Each needle has 2 injections (on a player who doesn't have full health) before it needs to be reloaded (which will happen automatically). You can spike a specimen with it but it will not inject, but rather deal damage.

Reactions: Salad Snake
Upvote 0