• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS Map Idea - TE_BARRACKS_RS

Mister_Virgo

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 5, 2012
I would make it if I could work the SDK (or if it even worked at all on my computer) and would never want it to be an official map, but here's my idea:

Right now, Rising Storm has only attack/defend maps. HOS at least had maps like Barashka, Fallen Fighters and Barracks where both teams are attacking at the same time and I feel that RS could really use one. So why not do a conversion of Barracks into Rising Storm?

Barracks is a simple and balanced yet fun map - all in all an easy map to get into. What I mean is that if you're new to the series, it's a good starter map to play on and get the hang of the mechanics of both teams (since not only is it symmetrical, but also has close-quarter indoor combat and fighting at 60-100m distances). The only RS map with that pleases-all-players feeling is Saipan, but for people unfamiliar with the slower pace of the game from other shooters, the other maps like Hanto, Guadal Canal, Pelelieu and others are even more difficult than they already are.

Again, just an idea. What do the others think?

Spoiler!

I thought it was the general opinion that "neutral" TE maps with no defined attacker/defender generally had stale, boring gameplay that devolves easily into who can hold the most important objective at the end of the round.

But maybe you can make a really fun one, who knows. If somebody really wanted to make a neutral RS map with minimal effort, I think Saipan could easily be converted to suit one's needs.

Upvote 0