• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Map Details & What To Expect

SharkBoy266

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 20, 2020
So we have a pretty good idea on how the map works and can talk a bit about it...

We have your basic map zoom, cursor and all the features you'd expect to make things eaiser for the player.
Let's break it down:

Blue Fish Icons: Side-Missions such as "Kill this certain amount of Catfish" are scattered throughout the world map. These will provide you with extra hours of play. Completing these side missions rewards the player with xp and nutrients.

Orange Hexigon Icons: I couldnt find what this one is but my guess is that these are for bounty hunters, if so, you go by these locations, you will be hunted indiscriminately by hunter boats. Like the Blue-Fish Icons, these are scattered throughout the map.

Cave-shaped icons: These are essentially safe houses for your shark and can be used to fast travel once you discover them. Additionally you can spend points to upgrade here and equip different evolutions as well.

Skull Square Icons: Treasure Chests. Treasure Chests are hidden throughout the open world, my guess is that these chests unlock cosmetics for the player shark.

Skinny Rectangular Icons: License Plates can be found all over the open world. These are the collectables of the game.

GPS Location Icons: Landmarks which provide reward for exploration, scattered throughout the map.

Exclamation Point Icons: Story Missions which drive the plot forward, they will appear to show you where you need to go next to progress the game's campaign.

Check-Mark Icons: Check-marks on the map are used to identify objectives you've completed or locations you've discovered. This is meant so the player will not get confused.

The map features are indeed looking good, it's easy to tell and not overbearing to any player. Simple and yet colorful.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-04-18-00-00-26.png
    Screenshot_2020-04-18-00-00-26.png
    1,013.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_2020-04-17-23-59-29.png
    Screenshot_2020-04-17-23-59-29.png
    904 KB · Views: 5
I'm ready to see the whole map. I saw it in one of the videos but I can't remember which. If you know please link the picture or the link to the site.
Will do!

I saw it one of the videos but the one I saw wasn't the whole map but close to it - not sure which video it was but if I run into the full map before you do, I'll definitely post it for ya :)

Upvote 0