• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Map descriptions on the Tripwire Interactive Wiki

I. Kant

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 9, 2007
I was perusing the TI Wiki earlier today and happened to notice the map descriptions, specifically the "Story" sections, which had been written up by Wilsonam.

These are really great, thank you very much for these. Is there any chance these background notes could in any capacity make their way into the game itself? We know it's been asked for previously and frankly I never properly understood why TWI decided to leave out that element. Whilst perhaps not the most central element creating the flavour of RO:Ost, it did add depth to it.

Still, it's good that we have at least that for the time being. However, while I know someone (Eisprinzessen, I believe) asked about it earlier

Thanks for the heads up! Good history lesson--I knew the story behind some of the more well-known locations, but not the details of the others...

It would indeed be interesting to see, say maps with the Soviets defending the Barrikady or the Red October Factory... preliminary screenshots of Commissar's house suggest that it was once a map where the Soviets would defend.

Above all, though, I'm still waiting on a real Attack/Defend version of Pavlov's House in the spirit of the two-month defensive stand... if I ever decide to upgrade my RAM and find myself with a couple months of spare time, I might try to do it myself...

Upvote 0