• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Maneater: Truth Quest Hotfix Is Now Live

No problem Yoshiro, I’m assuming it won’t be anything to do with Maneater playing on disc and Maneater playing from the free PS Store monthly version downloaded online?

Mine is online download and on PS5.

Hope you resolve soon, will keep an eye here and jump back in when fixed.
As far as I am currently aware, that is not an issue.

Upvote 0
We are investigating everything, but are trying to find common threads between those impacted and in what ways to try and determine what isn't working and why here.

All of these items have worked in testing, and our retail testing, and don't impact the majority of users as far as we are tracking.
In the Terranova battle (ps5,version1.06),my shark dead and the game go crash,after that all the trophy can‘t pop,some of my friends are the same
version1.07,some trophy poped,such as Apex Eater ,40 and Flirty.But Island Queen isn't pop.
hope this will help you fix the bug.

Upvote 0
Hello, I have discovered a problem when I play the game. I can't start any mission even I have went next to the mission points. I can see my missions that aren't clear on the map, but I just can't start or do any mission.

I have already tried restart and reinstall the game before but it doesn't work. I don't even know are there any players have the same problem.

I download the game from steam and on PC.

Hope you fix this problem soon.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210925-214808_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20210925-214808_WhatsApp.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: jessmann
Upvote 0
I have no clue how game programming works but 2 thoughts on the trophies/achievements.

1.) Since I started over on the DLC from scratch and they still don’t unlock, it would appear to me that something in the game is thinking they are already unlocked but they aren’t. Would explain why even after the patch the game is checking requirements but not unlocking them. Since I just ran thru the entire DLC all over post this new patch, there is no way I ran into the same exact bugs again. Seems incredibly unlikely. So I would put my money on this being the problem. Game thinks they are unlocked but not.

2) I noticed even after killing the electric Greta white, if I go back over there into the same area it will spawn another level 45 electric great white which I cannot kill. It will just float backwards into the drain/pipe thing in that area and then vanish. So maybe the game thinks the quest is not completed even tho it is and is spawning another shark. I really don’t kno.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have no clue how game programming works but 2 thoughts on the trophies/achievements.

1.) Since I started over on the DLC from scratch and they still don’t unlock, it would appear to me that something in the game is thinking they are already unlocked but they aren’t. Would explain why even after the patch the game is checking requirements but not unlocking them. Since I just ran thru the entire DLC all over post this new patch, there is no way I ran into the same exact bugs again. Seems incredibly unlikely. So I would put my money on this being the problem. Game thinks they are unlocked but not.

2) I noticed even after killing the electric Greta white, if I go back over there into the same area it will spawn another level 45 electric great white which I cannot kill. It will just float backwards into the drain/pipe thing in that area and then vanish. So maybe the game thinks the quest is not completed even tho it is and is spawning another shark. I really don’t kno.
I am guessing they have a simple if statement to check if the requirements are cleared or not. That's how I would do it, but since it's bugging out maybe having multiple if statements checking for different conditions would help? for example the trophy about checking if you ate all the questers can also be checked through the UI number displayed, if it says 3/3 in Plover Island and if the other regions also say 1/1 then you can award the trophy. Hardcoding is never recommended and is always a bandaid solution for issues but doing it that way might just help.
I am not here to give armchair game dev advice by the way, and I hope this isn't taken as some sort of condescending comment because that is not my intention. Just wanted to add to the discussion.

Upvote 0
As of now 1206pm, September 29th 2021, I just finished everything in Maneater Truth Quest and my game is fully up-to-date but still have 5 trophies on PS5 disc version which are not unlocked.
"Apex Eater", "Fan Fare", "Island Queen", "Perfect Timing" and "I Can Handle the Truth!".

Wondering when the update is coming since the last update did not seem to fix it as I have read on here.

Upvote 0
Hi, I also have the problem that trophies don't pop up. I got the one for arriving at the new map, but didn't get the trophies for killing the Electric Shark or the Shadow Orca. After that I stopped playing the game. I'm on PS5, got the PS+ Version of the game, liked it and bought the DLC.
I've read some rumors that it could have something to do with the language setting. In my case it's german. Could this cause problems?
Thx for your effort, I hope you'll fix this soon.

Upvote 0
Hey! I play on PS5 in the version that was handed out to PS +, version of the game 1.07. DLC I have no. There are problems with trophies. " Tourist "," Deep Sea Explorer "," I Can Handle the Truth! "," Garbage Collector ". Completed the game 4 times 100 percent, but unfortunately have no trophies. Huge request to fix it.

Upvote 0
Hey! I play on PS5 in the version that was handed out to PS +, version of the game 1.07. DLC I have no. There are problems with trophies. " Tourist "," Deep Sea Explorer "," I Can Handle the Truth! "," Garbage Collector ". Completed the game 4 times 100 percent, but unfortunately have no trophies. Huge request to fix it.

We are investigating why this happens for some players and hope to produce another hotfix in the near future to address it.

Upvote 0