• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Maneater Ideas (Updates and/or DLC)

KamLoaK

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 19, 2020
Hello all! I've read through so many great ideas that you guys have posted, and they're so awesome! Here's some of mine that could possibly help give this game more replay value (Some ideas might be common)

1. Dynamic weather- Rain, overcast, storms, etc. This would definitely add not only great detail to the game, but also make the world more lively and realistic. It could even affect gameplay, especially with giant waves created by the storms and such. Think about how cool it would be just swimming by and witnessing a light post getting struck by lightning!

2. More locations- Maneater already has amazing locations with plenty to do, so why not add more? Different countries, cities, dynamic regions, deep sea, and so much more! Imagine stalking Hippos and Crocodiles in the Nile River, or chomping down on a Grizzly bear who wandered too close to the water in Alaska? Or a flooded city, where you can swim in a sunken house or building? Things like this would be so awesome!

3. More/different Player Animations- Repetitive attack and swimming animations can get annoying, so I would love to see some more dynamic forms of movement that the shark can pull off. It gives the shark more character and range of creativity, and will also keep players interested in trying out combinations to use on opponents.

4. Prehistoric Enemies- Sharks have roamed the oceans for millions of years, and have competed against other predators of that time. Who wouldn't love to engage in a battle with a Mososaurus or Liopleurodon, or lesser known creatures like an Elasmosaurus and Ichthyosaurus? This could give a ton of replay value by adding different elements to the game and keeping things fresh!

5. Better freedom with our shark- Animations can limit what the shark is able to accomplish a lot of times, so I believe there should be less restrictions with them. I've seen gameplay that has shown the shark being vulnerable when in an eating animation, or breaking the surface of the water. Reducing limitations like those can help your shark live to fight another day.

Last but not least, 6. Jaws reference- As a strong lover of Jaws Unleashed on my old Ps2, I'd love to see an Easter egg that gives a shout out to the OG great white! This could also tie in with different regions and cities that you can explore.

Hope Tripwire takes everyone's wonderful ideas and consider adding them to this game. Thanks for bringing us a game where we can play as one of the coolest animals on the planet!