• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS Make soldiers take damage from bamboo sticks and barb wire

Rok

Jun 20, 2013
As the title suggest introduce some sort of damage received from these static defenses when running into them which would then require applying the bandage or in worst cases bled to death scenario (sprinting into a sharp bamboo stick) similar as MOH Pacific Assault has done.

Barbed wire is used for blocking off routes not dealing damage to the enemy. It would not inflict any noticeable amount of damage, it will however get stuck in your clothes. I can't imagine someone bleeding to death from barbed wire.

Here's some unrelated interesting trivia:
During WW1 the Russians estimated that it required up to 25.000 grenades of lighter caliber to make a useful gap in a defensive line made of barbed wire obstacles.

Upvote 0
Barbed wire is used for blocking off routes not dealing damage to the enemy. It would not inflict any noticeable amount of damage, it will however get stuck in your clothes. I can't imagine someone bleeding to death from barbed wire.

Here's some unrelated interesting trivia:
During WW1 the Russians estimated that it required up to 25.000 grenades of lighter caliber to make a useful gap in a defensive line made of barbed wire obstacles.
you're right how about if we just get stuck in it as a penalty for getting too close? ;)
[url]http://news.yahoo.com/photos/entertainment-slideshow/man-stuck-barbed-wire-while-photo-053023841.html[/URL]
was the 25 thousand or just 25 nades? here in the u.s. 25.0 means 25

Upvote 0
I can't imagine someone bleeding to death from barbed wire.
well, depends on how you apply it :D
Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I don't think it is a good idea. It would be one of those gimmicks like falling off an edge in an adventure game. Clearly, you would not have done that if you were actually walking on that thin plank to the next level. The game mechanics and the fact that you cannot see your own feet or hold your hands out to balance is why you fell.

In RS, as with any video game, your spatial awareness within the game will never be as good as outside the game. For example, in order to increase player awareness of grenades, RO2 makes a sound (most of the time) when the grenade lands, and often the character will call a grenade out, regardless of actually looking at it.

TWI increases your awareness of barbed wire by making it non lethal. In real life, it would be pretty obvious when encountering barbed wire, and you'd take the necessary action to avoid it (blow it up, go around, jump over, etc.).

Upvote 0