• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Make Lockdown depend on how many caps remaining

Forssen

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 23, 2010
Sweden
It's a bit annoying when you loose as attacker at the last cap because of lockdown rather than the time running out. It feels like you're being punished for capping to fast.

This could be solved by not triggering lockdown if there if there is more than total time * (1 - total caps / caps left) time remaining. With 4 caps and 20min game time this would mean there couldn't be a lockdown on cap:

A until 15min remaining
B until 10min remaining
C until 5min remaining
D game timer runs out before lockdown

That is good in theory. But when chance skews the balance of teams and the weaker team spends the entire match stuck in their spawn... then I long for lock down. The implementation perhaps is lacking on some maps, but the idea of lock down is a fine one.
i'd rather see it when you're really getting your butt handed to you and you have no chance, you run out of reinforcements and get wiped out. not a timer goes ding in the distance and everyone go home. ;)
TO THE DEATH! I SAY! :IS2:

Upvote 0
i'd rather see it when you're really getting your butt handed to you and you have no chance, you run out of reinforcements and get wiped out. not a timer goes ding in the distance and everyone go home. ;)
TO THE DEATH! I SAY! :IS2:
Agreed. Lockdown was supposed to be a relief for the attacking team when they are being slaughtered and having no fun because of that, but it ended up being another victory condition for the defenders in a game where attacking is already hard enough.

Upvote 0
I believe you mean "everyone sits around for 5 minutes because there is no admin around, and one of the attackers is afk in the initial spawn" ;)
no. if i meant that, i would have said that.
i'd rather be free to hunt those guys down and kill them. if TWI won't allow us that, then a guy who is afk, should be auto kicked.
p.s. being afk at the end of a round, should be a offense punishable by banning. lets see how long people pull that crap when they have to ask the server admins to let them back on the servers!

Last edited:
Upvote 0