• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Main Menu Music: Oriental & Vietnamese Tracks to Balance things out

Bane5

Grizzled Veteran
May 27, 2012
If you read reddit and the steam forums, I've seen some suggestions for more main menu music tracks; however, the issue of royalties and costs always comes up. But in the midst of this, I think everyone is missing a potential opportunity. We can add oriental & Vietnamese themed tracks without needing super expensive royalties.

The use of "Run Through the Jungle" by Creedence Clearwater is an excellent action theme that gets people pumped up to play the game. But the oriental side and North Vietnamese should also be included in my humble opinion to give some representation and fresh variety. What would be suited is a contemplative track, something to balance out the "action theme" we already have.

I would strongly suggest "Tien Quan Ca" -- "The Army March" which is the anthem of Vietnam.

from the roleplay aspect of things, I'm certain this would sound great and inspiring after a tough round of defending as the Vietnamese. The RS1/R02 tracks had a nice split between RS1's inspirational theme with a hint of action and R02's somber lament for the dead and wounded souls. I'm certain that a similar dichotomy would improve the atmosphere of things.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
NorthDumpling;n2289124 said:
I think the game must have either one song in main manu (CCR) or have its own main theme. Two themes for US and Vietnamese would be weird, dont you think?

We had multiple tracks in having both the RS1 and R02 theme. The point of the menu song is to capture the characteristic spirit of a culture, era, or community as manifested in its beliefs and aspirations--its "ethos" in other words. The R0/RS series has always prided itself on capturing its essence and this game should be no exception.

We had absolutely beautiful music in R02 for BOTH sides and I hope to see that continue:

You might ask whats the point, but as you've seen in-game, people like roleplaying over voice comms pretending to be Vietnamese thoroughly invested in the ideals on national unity or as the Americans of the era. Having a different track(s) for each side would put people in the mood to drive the imperialist invaders back or liberate South Vietnam in their respective styles and tones and asymmetry.

Last edited:
Upvote 0